[Drag And Drop in Reactive.oml] OnDropEvent for this component

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 28 Feb by Romero
6 votes
Published on 28 Feb by Romero

Hi Sadanand,

First, thanks for supplying this component to the forge. The dragging and dropping works like a charm. However I miss one thing. How can react to the dropping of the element. So I'm looking for onDrop event, which I cannot find in your component?

Did I overlook something?

Kind regards,

Matthieu de Graaf

Hi Matthieu,

Uploaded a new version with more details regarding the component. 

I think what you are looking for is the OnEnd Event. This is triggered when the Element dragging ends. 

If you need an example, you can find how to use it with this new version.

Best Regards,

Diogo Romero

Hi Sadanand,

Maybe it is the same question as from Matthieu. I got some items in a list to drag and drop. Works like a charm. Now, based on the drag and drop, i want to save some data to a table. Let's say my items in the list come from a table that has an order attribute. So i use the drag and drop to re-order the list. After an item is dropped, i want to have some logic that updates the order in the table.

My JS is not soooo good, how would i be able to do that? So the logic is preferrable not in JS, but an action / event.

Thanks ahead,

Wilko

Solution

wilko odijk wrote:

Hi Sadanand,

Maybe it is the same question as from Matthieu. I got some items in a list to drag and drop. Works like a charm. Now, based on the drag and drop, i want to save some data to a table. Let's say my items in the list come from a table that has an order attribute. So i use the drag and drop to re-order the list. After an item is dropped, i want to have some logic that updates the order in the table.

My JS is not soooo good, how would i be able to do that? So the logic is preferrable not in JS, but an action / event.

Thanks ahead,

Wilko

Wilko,

You can use the same event as i mentioned above, the OnEnd Event.  And inside that you can call a client action like this $actions.[YourClientActionName]. 

Solution

Hi Diogo,

Thanks for the extra functionality. This is really an improvement for me.

Matthieu de Graaf

Hi Diogo,

i managed to get it to work, thaks for the help.

Wilko

Matthieu de Graaf wrote:

Hi Diogo,

Thanks for the extra functionality. This is really an improvement for me.

Matthieu de Graaf

Welcome Matthieu. 

Pls mark the answer as resolved in that case, to keep track of unanswered questions regarding this plugin :)

Thank you !

Diogo Romero