How I can use Replace data and for which widgets and components?

I know that replace data can be used at screen templates and list etc..

But I don't know the steps to use the replace data

Can anyone let me know that on which widgets and places can I use replace data and how ?

I just want to know all the areas where I can use replace data.


Regards,

Manish Kumawat 

Hi Manish ,

Please go through the support link . 


Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Manish ,

Please go through the support link . 


Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,


I need the document for Mobile app development for all the scope and area where we use Replace data.

I just want that on which widgets, components, templates or area where we can use replace data.

I want the list where we can use replace data for mobile app development.


Thanks & Regards,

Manish


Hi Manish ,

AFAIK there is no such documentation available for replacing data against each widget as it is a manual process.However i will try to find and share if i get any.


Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Manish,

Please check this article as well.


Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Manish,

I think as far as I know, the Replace Data only works on Table Record, List Record and Form widget (and Charts).

Regards,

Nordin

Yes Nordin Ahdi , you are correct , the link i shred mentioned the same.


Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Nice one Pramod.

I see the linked documentation mentions there are ways to enable the Replace Data Feature on other UI components. I should check that out sometime :).


The Replace Data feature

Screen Templates come with the feature that enables the developers to replace the sample data with the business data in the Screen by dragging and dropping. The following Widgets support the Data Replacement by default:

  • Chart
  • Form
  • Table
  • List

If you want other UI containers to support the Data Replacement, add the servicestudio-showRecord Property and set it to True in the Extended Properties pane. Keep in mind that the Replace Data accelerators do not work with the mixed data sources. For example, local Entity in a Mobile development cannot replace the sample data in Screen Template that originates from the server.

The Replace Data algorithm works with data sources in the Screen Template, and this data can originate from OutSystems Sample Data modules or your own data modules. This dictates the level of logic you can implement to edit the data in Screens. In general, knowing the data model in the target module enables you to create business logic that can support some advanced features.

Solution

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Nice one Pramod.

I see the linked documentation mentions there are ways to enable the Replace Data Feature on other UI components. I should check that out sometime :).


The Replace Data feature

Screen Templates come with the feature that enables the developers to replace the sample data with the business data in the Screen by dragging and dropping. The following Widgets support the Data Replacement by default:

  • Chart
  • Form
  • Table
  • List

If you want other UI containers to support the Data Replacement, add the servicestudio-showRecord Property and set it to True in the Extended Properties pane. Keep in mind that the Replace Data accelerators do not work with the mixed data sources. For example, local Entity in a Mobile development cannot replace the sample data in Screen Template that originates from the server.

The Replace Data algorithm works with data sources in the Screen Template, and this data can originate from OutSystems Sample Data modules or your own data modules. This dictates the level of logic you can implement to edit the data in Screens. In general, knowing the data model in the target module enables you to create business logic that can support some advanced features.

Thanks Nordin,


But I am not able to see the Table widget in mobile app development.

Is there any Table widget in Mobile ?

Can you please help me regarding table widget.


Regards,

Manish Kumawat


Hi Manish,

As far as I know there isn't a Table widget in Mobile. Only a List widget.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Manish, Nordin,

The table widget for now only appears in Reactive now, but you'll also be able to use it in Mobile soon (e.g. it's useful in tablet apps).

Cheers,
Tiago

Thanks for the update Tiago. 

It was available in Mobile earlier though, right?

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

I don't think so. BTW, we'll also release some improvements to the replace data algorithm (that will leave a lot less TrueChange errors) in the next version of Service Studio beta, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,

My mind is playing games with me then :).

That is great news! Can’t wait to check it out!

Regards,

Nordin

Tiago Simões wrote:

Hi Nordin,

I don't think so. BTW, we'll also release some improvements to the replace data algorithm (that will leave a lot less TrueChange errors) in the next version of Service Studio beta, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões



Hi Tiago and Nordin,


I am preparing for mobile development exam for outsystem. I am not aware the level of questions in it.

One more thing want to know that the version specific questions will be asked in this exam or not?


Regards,

Manish Kumawat

Hi Manish,

The questions in the mobile developer exam go through the several topics covered in the mobile online course, so the best way to prepare yourself is to understand the topics and the exercises on that course. You can find more details in the exam detail sheet of the exam, in the certifications page.

Regarding the version, the questions test mobile development and not specific details about a particular OutSystems version. However, all the questions were written and are based in OutSystems 11. 

Hope this helps.