Is it necessary to be the same structure of Local database Entity with Server Entity?

I am creating my local storage entities.

But I have a query that can I create the entity with different structure of server db entity?

I am not clear on this. Can we make some changes in the structure of both Local and Server entity or not.

Is is possible or how?

Anyone help me regarding this.

Hello.

Local storage is limited, so you are encouraged to have less information. Less useless information.

If you copy an Entity from Server to Local, Service Studio will tell you which attributes seem less relevant. That is a suggestion and a confirmation that you can and should remove attributes.

Nuno Reis wrote:

Hello.

Local storage is limited, so you are encouraged to have less information. Less useless information.

If you copy an Entity from Server to Local, Service Studio will tell you which attributes seem less relevant. That is a suggestion and a confirmation that you can and should remove attributes.

Hello Nuno,

As I can see in the document ppt there is mentioned that it should match with database entities.

But I have a confusion there that what is the exact answer for this..

because I need to prepare for exam.

So what would be the final answer .

It must match or not?

Can anyone help me?

Hi Manish,

Its not necessary to match the local entity exactly with database entity. There can be difference in entity attributes. But as Nuno suggested, local entity should have limited attributes only to limit the used storage on device.

Thanks.

vikas sharma wrote:

Hi Manish,

Its not necessary to match the local entity exactly with database entity. There can be difference in entity attributes. But as Nuno suggested, local entity should have limited attributes only to limit the used storage on device.

Thanks.

Hi Vikas,

I agree for this but can you please explain me about the arrow mark in the screen shot where written that it match with the database entity. Also you can here in the video about the same page.

I was confused so asking.

Thanks,

Manish 

Solution

Manish Kumawat wrote:

vikas sharma wrote:

Hi Manish,

Thanks.

Hi Vikas,

I agree for this but can you please explain me about the arrow mark in the screen shot where written that it match with the database entity. Also you can here in the video about the same page.

I was confused so asking.

Thanks,

Manish 

Hi Manish,

I think in first point its trying to say that when we create a local entity from a database entity its structure will be same. Means all attributes from database entity will be available in local entity. But in second point saying that we need to keep only required attributes in local database to reduce the size. 

In below screen shot, you can see that created a local entity from database User entity, here local entity have all fields of database entity. But at same time in right side box saying that "select the attributes that only you need locally." for light weight storage.

Solution