Reactive Web How To Sync Input Parameter On Main Form With Blocks Within The Form

Hi again,

I have form called ContactList, When Contact Name is clicked on in list it opens a form called ContactFolder and passes the ContactID to Input Parameter ContactID. The Contact Folder Form looks like a folder with Tabs (Go Figure) The tabs contact is filled with Blocks that I have created.  The Blocks hold the required aggregates (ie GetLocationsByContactID,GetEstimatesByContactID etc.) and have Input parameter ContactID.  The only problem I can figure out how to get ContactID from main form into Blocks. I guess its a pretty basic question but I am stumped.  I come from MS Access and I could refer to main form parameter in sub-form query.  Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks again,

Rob

More simply Main Form holds ContactID and all Blocks have aggregates based on that ContactID

Hi,

You can define an input parameter ContactId on each block and set the value on the parent screen that contains the blocks.

Parent screen or parent block pas values to blocks by means of input parameters defined on the block.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi,

You can define an input parameter ContactId on each block and set the value on the parent screen that contains the blocks.

Parent screen or parent block pas values to blocks by means of input parameters defined on the block.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel,

I have ContactId input parameter on the main screen and ContactId input parameters in the blocks and is not working.  In the beginning I had just one screen with no blocks. All aggregates were on main screen and everything worked but was messy because I have 5 tabs with very detailed screens for each.  When I broke it down into blocks I couldn't save the blocks without having the aggregates with them.  I just copied the code from widget tree and inserted into separate blocks. Then copied the Aggregates and placed in blocks.  That is where everything stopped working.  I have ContactID input in all of the blocks and on main screen.  The only Aggregate on main screen is the GetContactsById because my ContactName  is on page header.  So when I click on my list screen, the correct Contact name is on my ContactFolders screen.  So the correct ContactID is being passed into the screens input parameter.  That is where is stops.  All my inputs on Blocks are also ContactID but they are all coming up empty.   What am I missing?.  I think that I have already done what you have suggested

Thank Again

Rob

I guess how do my Blocks know that ContactID on main form is the same as ContactID in my blocks? because I cant do =Forms.ContactFolder.ContactId

I watch the training videos but most are passing info from Block to parents screen or visa versa based on events in the blocks or screens.  There are no events on my main screen other than the click on tab. Screen is opened and input parameter set from previous screen. Is it better practice to just go back to my original screen where everything was on one screen? Would that be easier? It just seemed like that widget tree was getting confusing as all hell because it was so long

Can you share an .oml or .oap file?