Is it necessary that database and local storage entities should not be in same module

As ToDo app has 2 module. The core module is related with server module and has database entities.

But the other module has local storage entities and do not have any server database.

I just want to know that I can use both the Database in same single module. Will any issue in this?

What is the use to separate the server database into core module and the main module has the local storage.

If I do so in a single module than would it we work for all users.?

Did you see the videos about 4 layer canvas? It's about the OutSystems architecture.

Have a look at this training:

And this tech talk from ODC 2018:

Cheers,
Nuno Verdasca

Manish Kumawat wrote:

As ToDo app has 2 module. The core module is related with server module and has database entities.

But the other module has local storage entities and do not have any server database.

I just want to know that I can use both the Database in same single module. Will any issue in this?

What is the use to separate the server database into core module and the main module has the local storage.

If I do so in a single module than would it we work for all users.?

Hello Manish,

Yes it is possible to combine two module in single modue, but it is not good practice, Sacrigated module  is easy to manage and maintainwith multiple users handling projects.
For better understanding of module architecture please refer following link:

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Designing_the_architecture_of_your_OutSystems_applications/01_The_4_Layer_Canvas

Hi Manish,

You can keep both the database in same module. But as suggested by Tanvi and Nuno, its not good practice according to Outsystems architecture and you should keep database in sepearate (core) module.

At the same time, local database is not necessary in all the cases. But if it required in any case then it should be local to current module only.

Thanks.

localStorage isn't modifiable by the server. If you have session data in localStorage, you cannot set an expiry for it. The front end has to log the user out. This is not ideal for situations where the user cannot access your website to receive that front end. If the user loses Internet connection and does not snaptube  regain it before leaving the device, the next telegram web user of the device will have access to their session. A cookie on the other hand can be set to expire when it is created, and it can be destroyed with any server communication, whethe r or not a new front end is retrieved.