I can use Site property in Static Entity ?

Hi ,

I have one question. I have use the static entity for set Path url ( text ) but i have 2 environment ( dev and test ) but i'm fix path in entity
So i create site property for path set in service monitor before deploy to test.

but i can't set Site to static. it error " Invalid Expression Can't identify 'Site' element in expression. "

how to fix Site to static can or not?

Hi Tharis,

I think you can't set site properties value to static entity.

tharis naknutthee wrote:

Hi ,

I have one question. I have use the static entity for set Path url ( text ) but i have 2 environment ( dev and test ) but i'm fix path in entity
So i create site property for path set in service monitor before deploy to test.

but i can't set Site to static. it error " Invalid Expression Can't identify 'Site' element in expression. "

how to fix Site to static can or not?

Hi Tharis,

Yes, ad Vikas said you can not set site eproperty type to an static entity but instead of having static entity for the paths. You can set separate value for site property in different environment.

And keep in mind when you deploy application from one environment to other site property values do not migrate with application. If I am not wrong (because I read it somewhere but never implemented) now we can set site property value during deployment from one environment to other.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

tharis naknutthee wrote:

Hi Tharis,

And keep in mind when you deploy application from one environment to other site property values do not migrate with application. If I am not wrong (because I read it somewhere but never implemented) now we can set site property value during deployment from one environment to other.

Hi,

Static entity and site properties are available for different purposes. Static entities can only be changed design time, so during development, they can not be changed. Site properties can be defined during development, but take their effective value from environment configuration. As such the default value as defined in the development environment is promoted to each other environment on initial deploy. After deploy the effective value can be changed.

Since recently you can also Set site properties during deployment is an early access feature of lifetime.

To use this feature, make sure that:

• The feature was activated in LifeTime.
  • The source and target environments for the deployment are running Platform Server 11 Release Apr.2019 CP1 or later.
  • The user executing the deployment has the "Change & Deploy Applications" permission for all applications in the deployment plan

Even if you do not have this early access feature, it is best practice not to have site properties all over different modules, instead you define a reusable module. See this great article from Christiano Marques (OutSytems MVP)

https://medium.com/@cristiano.marques/ci-cd-outsystems-dd1ba2b5b346 section "Build independent" which describes how to govern site properties. This makes it possible to already set site property in production prior to deployment of the modules that will use it.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

tharis naknutthee wrote:

Hi Tharis,

Hi,

Static entity and site properties are available for different purposes. Static entities can only be changed design time, so during development, they can not be changed. Site properties can be defined during development, but take their effective value from environment configuration. As such the default value as defined in the development environment is promoted to each other environment on initial deploy. After deploy the effective value can be changed.

Since recently you can also Set site properties during deployment is an early access feature of lifetime.

To use this feature, make sure that:

• The feature was activated in LifeTime.
  • The source and target environments for the deployment are running Platform Server 11 Release Apr.2019 CP1 or later.
  • The user executing the deployment has the "Change & Deploy Applications" permission for all applications in the deployment plan

Even if you do not have this early access feature, it is best practice not to have site properties all over different modules, instead you define a reusable module. See this great article from Christiano Marques (OutSytems MVP)

https://medium.com/@cristiano.marques/ci-cd-outsystems-dd1ba2b5b346 section "Build independent" which describes how to govern site properties. This makes it possible to already set site property in production prior to deployment of the modules that will use it.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I konw site properties and static entities serve different purpose and that is why I suggested to not use site property and set his URL in site properties.

And thanks for sharing details about setting site properties during deployment. :)