For our Mobile app we have made an update. This update includes a new plugin, so for the deploy also an update on the stores is needed.

As we know, on a deploy, OutSystems will already push update the app to the latest code version (except for the plugin).

Our tester now wants to do some testing, where he has the old app version on the device, then the app will update through the OutSystems push update function. So he has the latest deploy, but not the plugin yet. That way he wants to test if all the plugins are escaped properly.

So the question is. How to get the download / installation file from a previous mobile version?
(preferably without publishing the server code to an old version)

To me the only option seems to republish all the affected modules to the old version and redeploy with updated dependencies.  Someone might of course come up with a good solution.

I would also like to know if another solution exists, but as far as I know you can only access the latest generated application file from Service Center.

Certainly would be great to have an archive of generated apps.

If no solution arises then of course the only route from here on will be to download older app versions before the plugin gets packaged with the latest build.

Hi Paul, 

You can do with your service-center. Just logged-In to your environment service-center and select your Application and module. you will get the published version in the list. 

Here is the option to download and Publish any old version again. After published old version, that version will be your running version and your tester can test application with Old App. 

Jitender Gaur wrote:

Hi Paul, 

You can do with your service-center. Just logged-In to your environment service-center and select your Application and module. you will get the published version in the list. 

Here is the option to download and Publish any old version again. After published old version, that version will be your running version and your tester can test application with Old App. 

Hi Jitender,

Just a quick question as I am unsure of this and would like to know more about it:

What happens if you download and republish an older versions? Let's say I have the latest version of an Application with 2 dependencies, called Plugin and another called Extension. When publishing the older application version (that only includes Extension as a dependency), what version of dependency Extension will it be using? Latest or oldest?

Jitender Gaur wrote:

Hi Paul, 

Hi Jitender,
what I am looking for is an old installation file for on the device.
The above download function, downloads something else, being the OutSystems code.

Still open for solutions to get old installment files for on the devices.