Input Validation (FormValid) runs when a link to a PopUp is clicked

Hello,

I have a screen (parent) which has mandatory inputs in a form, so while the user is filling in the inputs there is a link that opens a popup. When the popup opens, the inputs in the parent screen validates the mandatory inputs and sets autofocus and displays "required field" message. 

Problem

When the user clicks the link that opens the popup, the inputs in the parent screen should not be validated because the user has not finished completing the entire form. (The popup is a section in the form) The validation of inputs should happen when the user clicks the save button at the end of the form, not when the popup opens.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Malebo

Hi Malebo,

for popup open you are using navigation method and there is no validation option like below image-

in this case you will have to implement you logic.

1. create a link on this link add action and this action set ajax submit and validation type sever or client which you want.

2. after that on this action put your validation and check if all condition is ok than popup open from widget click (3 step).

3.take a button set display none and popup open whit this button .

hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Malebo,

for popup open you are using navigation method and there is no validation option like below image-

in this case you will have to implement you logic.

1. create a link on this link add action and this action set ajax submit and validation type sever or client which you want.

2. after that on this action put your validation and check if all condition is ok than popup open from widget click (3 step).

3.take a button set display none and popup open whit this button .

hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hey Rahul,

I will check if this works then come back and mark your solution. Thanks for the input, I also hope it works.

Regards

Malebo