(431) Request Header Fields Too Large.

I have exposed a SOAP webservice in service studio on OS11. I am trying to consume the service in another module but I keep getting the following error. "The remote server returned an unexpected response: (431) Request Header Fields Too Large.". How can I fix this issue??



Hi Luke,

Would you mind sharing the details of that error?

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Luke,

Would you mind sharing the details of that error?

Regards,

Nordin

What details do you need to know?


As soon as it tries to connect to the web services the error occurs, that's all I know.

We have other SOAP web services that work perfectly fine but were made in OS9/OS10. I understand that SOAP has had an update, would this be the cause for this to happen? i would have thought that seeing as the web service was exposed using OutSystems and then consumed in OutSystems also they would work together well.


Hi Luke,

I meant the error log details from Service Center. The error stack should give us some more information on what exactly is going wrong.

It could have to do with some settings in IIS. Maybe they need some tuning in your current OS11 environment.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Luke,

did you check this information?



Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Luke,

I meant the error log details from Service Center. The error stack should give us some more information on what exactly is going wrong.

It could have to do with some settings in IIS. Maybe they need some tuning in your current OS11 environment.

Regards,

Nordin

This is the stack from service center


[1] The remote server returned an unexpected response: (431) Request Header Fields Too Large.

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory`1 factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at ssHapiMobileApp.CcEmployeeSuggestions.ActionGetHomepageSuggestions(HeContext heContext, ICcEmployeeSuggestionsCallbacks _callbacks, Int32 inParamClientId, Int32 inParamPage, String inParamOrderBy, STArrayOfSuggestionItemStructure& outParamSuggestionList, STResponseStructure& outParamResponse)
   at ssHapiMobileApp.Actions.ActionGetHomepageWrapper(HeContext heContext, Int32 inParamPage, String inParamOrderBy, Boolean& outParamSuccess, String& outParamMessage, STArrayOfSuggestionItemStructure& outParamSuggestions)

[2] The remote server returned an error: (431) Request Header Fields Too Large.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)


Migalhas wrote:

Hi Luke,

did you check this information?



Yes I had a look but I didn't find it helpful when trying to solve the issue. 


Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Luke,

I meant the error log details from Service Center. The error stack should give us some more information on what exactly is going wrong.

It could have to do with some settings in IIS. Maybe they need some tuning in your current OS11 environment.

Regards,

Nordin

Request Headers:

Request message:
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
  <s:Header>
   
  </s:Header>
  <s:Body xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <GetHomepageSuggestions xmlns="http://www.outsystems.com">
      <ClientId>136</ClientId>
      <Page>0</Page>
      <OrderBy>MostPopular</OrderBy>
    </GetHomepageSuggestions>
  </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Response Headers:

Response message:


Just changed the log level for the integration and it appears that the headers are empty


Solution

I have fixed the issue by choosing the older Soap version not SOAP12 when integrating the web service.


I'm sure i attempted this earlier but it has seemed to work now

Solution

Good that you’ve figured it out Luke. Nice one!