I have completed development of a mobile app and have managed to upload to the Apple App Store successfully. 

I am now doing the same in the Google Play console. I used a keystore to generate the .apk file from Service Center.

However on the Google Play Console it enabled App signing by Google Play. I cant quite seem to figure out what that means for the keystore I used to generate the apk. 

The Play Store console gives me certificates to download (upload_cert and deployment_cert) but I dont know how I would use them to generate the app in Service Center? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Chris,

Google App Signing can also be Skipped ... but that's not recommended.

Ref Link to setup Google App Signing :

https://medium.com/google-developer-experts/exploring-google-play-app-signing-b4d296f4ee9

https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/app-signing#enroll

Hi Christopher,

Below are the steps to generate release apk in Service studio.

1. In application click on tab Native platforms.

2. Click on configure Android application.

3. Select build type -> release for Google play store.

4. No need to make a ny change in app identifier. Its unique identifier of your application, In general we call it package name of application. By this Google Play identify  your application.

5. Keystore : upload keystore file and give password in password file.

6. Write alias name of keystore and give alias password.

7. Generate app. 

You will get apk file. You just need to upload that apk file in Google play developer console.

Please let me know if any confusion there.

Thanks.

vikas sharma wrote:

Hi Christopher,

4. No need to make a ny change in app identifier. Its unique identifier of your application, In general we call it package name of application. By this Google Play identify  your application.

7. Generate app. 

You will get apk file. You just need to upload that apk file in Google play developer console.

Thanks.

Hi Vikas,

it's not about generating a build. This is related to  Google App Signing.

So the next time we can use the downloaded key provided by google and handover to developer let's say & generate a build.

assif_tiger wrote:

vikas sharma wrote:

Hi Christopher,

7. Generate app. 

Thanks.

Hi Vikas,

it's not about generating a build. This is related to  Google App Signing.

So the next time we can use the downloaded key provided by google and handover to developer let's say & generate a build.

You are correct, it is related to Google App Signing. However there was no key that was downloaded from google. Only upload_cert and deployment_cert certificates and im not sure how to use those to create a keystore or if they even relate to the KeyStore used by OutSystems. Wondering if anyone else had seen similar?