Aggregate with null SQL bit (OutSystems Boolean)

I have an extension connected to a MS SQL database. 

In my table, I have a BIT NULL column:

When I create an Aggregate I want to filter on the nullable Boolean column, so my filter would look like:

Table.BooleanColumn = False

In my underlying table, all the records have Table.BooleanColumn = NULL, so my Aggregate should return all records.

If I remove the filter, I can see the BooleanColumn values returned by the Aggregate:

Via an Aggregate, there's no way to check if a Boolean column is null (the same we can check IntegerColumn = NullIdentifier()). 

So my question: 'Convert to/from NULL value in Database' does nothing for filters in Aggregates? Is this correct? The only way around this is to use an Advanced SQL?

Thanks for any insights/clarifications you might have...

Solution

Hi, 

As far as I know, the conversion is done on retrieving / storing data, not when executing the query itself. 

So, yes, I would say the workaround is to use SQL instead of aggregates. 

Cheers. 

Solution

Nicolaas Kuit wrote:

I have an extension connected to a MS SQL database. 

In my table, I have a BIT NULL column:

When I create an Aggregate I want to filter on the nullable Boolean column, so my filter would look like:

Table.BooleanColumn = False

In my underlying table, all the records have Table.BooleanColumn = NULL, so my Aggregate should return all records.

If I remove the filter, I can see the BooleanColumn values returned by the Aggregate:

Via an Aggregate, there's no way to check if a Boolean column is null (the same we can check IntegerColumn = NullIdentifier()). 

So my question: 'Convert to/from NULL value in Database' does nothing for filters in Aggregates? Is this correct? The only way around this is to use an Advanced SQL?

Thanks for any insights/clarifications you might have...

Hi,

Use advanced SQL for conversion on the select queries.

Thanks