split an application to data environment and forms environment

hi, I am following the training for a traditional web app, and started to devellop a new application.

In the training I was advized to create one module for data (core-module) and one with the forms. Via the dependency functionality I can link the forms-environment with the data environment. My question: Is is possible to simply realize everything in one module (data and forms), and when I am fully satisfied, to split the datapart in a core-module and the form-part in another module. 

I quess it is possible, but is it easy to do?

Best...Coen

Yes you can, put everything in the same Module. The fact of doing the separation is for reasons of good architectural practices (I advise you to research a little about 4 layer canvas).

I also tell you that after you have done everything in the same Module, depending on the size of what you are going to do, it may be more difficult to refract your application.

Cheers

About Validating and Refactoring Applications you can see this training.

Cheers

Coen Hendrikx wrote:

hi, I am following the training for a traditional web app, and started to devellop a new application.

In the training I was advized to create one module for data (core-module) and one with the forms. Via the dependency functionality I can link the forms-environment with the data environment. My question: Is is possible to simply realize everything in one module (data and forms), and when I am fully satisfied, to split the datapart in a core-module and the form-part in another module. 

I quess it is possible, but is it easy to do?

Best...Coen

Hi Coen,

Have you gone through the 4 Layer Canvas architecture of outsystem.

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Designing_the_architecture_of_your_OutSystems_applications/01_The_4_Layer_Canvas

Please, have a look on above detail.

cheers...