I'm using reactive web app. Building an app where the user enters multiple inputs inside the text input tool. That tool by default has a "Mandatory" option which is listed as No. I changed it to yes, for multiple of my fields, but there is still no error or message popping up when the user moves to the next screen without putting anything in the input boxes.

Any ideas?

Solution

Hi Akis M,

You should put all the input widget inside a form and check the Form1.Valid in submit action and move to next screen only when it is true. It will automatically show the validation error if the Form1.Valid is false.

If you do not want to use the Form widget then you need check the valid property for each input separately and Navigate to next screen if every input has valid value.

Hope it helps.

Solution

Akis M wrote:

I'm using reactive web app. Building an app where the user enters multiple inputs inside the text input tool. That tool by default has a "Mandatory" option which is listed as No. I changed it to yes, for multiple of my fields, but there is still no error or message popping up when the user moves to the next screen without putting anything in the input boxes.

Any ideas?

Hi Akis M,

First Check your Built In validation property of your save  Button , If It is set to Yes then your input widget needs to be mandatory or correspond  data type and as Pankaj  suggested  . If built in validation property set to No (called custom validation)  in that situation Form.Valid property don't care your input widget, Is it empty or filled, Form.Valid going to be always true . Here you need to apply some logic in your action flow to check data of input widgets and need to set  Form.valid property to false or true so that right inputs goes in your database. 

Thanks.