[Test Framework] Support for Mobile apps?

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 2019-10-25 by Davide Periquito
27 votes
Published on 2019-10-25 by Davide Periquito

Hi there, it would be great if there could be a similar component for mobile development!

Are you guys thinking about something like this, or is it not really in the cards for you?

Hello Charise,

Thank you for your interest in Test Framework.

At the moment we still don't have a date for the release of a TestFramework with support for mobile. For mobile applications, you can still use the current version to test the server-side business logic though.

Please drop us a line so that we better understand how you would intend on using TestFramework for your scenario.

Cheers,

Frederico

Hi Frederico,

Thanks for your reply.

My approach would be to integrate client-side business logic unit testing first, then move on to UI tests, then integration tests, then system tests.

Do you know of any alternative to test client-side logic and UI for mobile apps? Maybe some NodeJS setup?

Charise Walraven wrote:

Hi Frederico,

Thanks for your reply.

My approach would be to integrate client-side business logic unit testing first, then move on to UI tests, then integration tests, then system tests.

Do you know of any alternative to test client-side logic and UI for mobile apps? Maybe some NodeJS setup?

Hi Charise,

Thanks for you interest in the Test Framework.

The Test Framework supports the automation of BDD tests, Unit Tests and UI Tests through Ghost Inspector.

So far, Outsystems does not support client side testing for mobile apps. For that, I'd recommend you to look at Appium, an open-source test automation tool for mobile apps. Alternatively you could use Calabash or XCTest as well.

I hope we were able to help you!

Thanks,

The Test Framework team