Hello,

i am working for web app and i want to preview the current location in google maps through web.

any idea or advise to implement it?

Hi,

please check this post, I believe that you'll found everything that you need.

Cheers

You can try the component HTML5 Goodies.

It includes an example and everything.

Thanks all for your replies. I check the provide https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33398/web-get-current-location/ but i don't get the logic for the "How To Implement" this.

In order to help you, i have an input widget named "MyPosition" and i want to be updated with the value of the current position.

Have you checked the HTML5 goodies and the example?

Yes but i can not get the provided details. Can you guide and advise me about the logic?

George Mitsiou wrote:

Yes but i can not get the provided details. Can you guide and advise me about the logic?

please, check the example from the forge.

I already check the example but does not satisfied me. Note that my request is not how to get the Longitude & the Latitude. I already get it :) 

The request is to advise me how to preview these (Latitude & Latitude) in google maps :)

George Mitsiou wrote:

I already check the example but does not satisfied me. Note that my request is not how to get the Longitude & the Latitude. I already get it :) 

The request is to advise me how to preview these (Latitude & Latitude) in google maps :)

To see on the map, you need to install Google Maps or a similar tool.

Nuno Reis wrote:

George Mitsiou wrote:

To see on the map, you need to install Google Maps or a similar tool.

I have already install but re-note that the request is to preview on the map my current position through web.

George Mitsiou wrote:

I have already install but re-note that the request is to preview on the map my current position through web.

To see on the map, you need a map. There you can pass markers by giving coordinates and animage.

The documentation explains everything really well. It even has pictures.

Nuno Reis wrote:

George Mitsiou wrote:

To see on the map, you need a map. There you can pass markers by giving coordinates and animage.

The documentation explains everything really well. It even has pictures.

I have already a map. How i will display my current position?

Like I said above, the documentation says everything. Please read it.

The component even has an example inside to explain how.

Once you have a map on the Web Screen and its name set, you can use the other widgets to add objects: Markers, Directions or Events. As previously stated, they need a Map Id to refer to it, which you can see below as 'SimpleMap.Id'. Events are special, in that they bind functionality to existing markers or maps. This functionality is described on the Handler JavaScript function you provide on the Web Block, which will be executed when the specified 'Triggering Event' is fired.

Nuno Reis wrote:

Like I said above, the documentation says everything. Please read it.

The component even has an example inside to explain how.

Once you have a map on the Web Screen and its name set, you can use the other widgets to add objects: Markers, Directions or Events. As previously stated, they need a Map Id to refer to it, which you can see below as 'SimpleMap.Id'. Events are special, in that they bind functionality to existing markers or maps. This functionality is described on the Handler JavaScript function you provide on the Web Block, which will be executed when the specified 'Triggering Event' is fired.

Can you advise how to get and display the current position please?I want to explain the logic, not the actions :)