Chart line color not changing
Question

In OS11, in a reactive web module, the chart/linechart element has not been responding to changes in the "color" field. It takes a text element, so I have tried "Black", "Red", "#000000", to no avail. 

I have also tried editing the HighchartsJSON with {color: '#000000'} and other similar inputs, also with no success. 

I'm looking to change the color of the line, any help is appreciated!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jesse,

Yes, it looks like bug in reactive web apps. I also found this issue that when we change color property it only changes the color of datapoint (which we saw on hover) not the line, while in treditional web apps chart color property chnages color of the line also.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi, 

Not sure it is a bug... 

In any case, you need to configure the series. You can use the advanced data series format. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/Charts_API#Structure_AdvancedDataSeriesFormat

You give it the series name and the json of the configuration for your series, that probably will be something like

"color: #000fff" 

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, 

Not sure it is a bug... 

In any case, you need to configure the series. You can use the advanced data series format. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/Charts_API#Structure_AdvancedDataSeriesFormat

You give it the series name and the json of the configuration for your series, that probably will be something like

"color: #000fff" 

Cheers

I Have facing same issue "Chart line color not changing for mobile application"  i have tried below things kindly check

Output of this code is : I have assigned Green color code to Default and Red color code to Retruns but ist showing wrong color format in that case

Is it possible that you can show the format it is supposed to be in? The documentation is about as helpful as the description in service center.

Hi Jesse Turner and Swapnil Shinde.

I'm assuming you're setting these properties in the OnInitialize event of the screen, but you are missing the 'reference' to those properties.

Create a local variable of the AdvancedFormat type and assign the output of the _init action to that variable.

Then, in the Chart properties, set the variables as the source:

This should do the trick

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Rui Mendes wrote:

Hi Jesse Turner and Swapnil Shinde.

I'm assuming you're setting these properties in the OnInitialize event of the screen, but you are missing the 'reference' to those properties.

Create a local variable of the AdvancedFormat type and assign the output of the _init action to that variable.

Then, in the Chart properties, set the variables as the source:

This should do the trick

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Rui Mendes,

Thank you !

Now its working fine for me.

Hi,

If it helps you, here is an example that helped me some time ago.

Cheers

ChartsHowTo.oap

That application is in traditional while the topic of the post is reactive.

Hi Jesse! Long time no see!

Take a look at the attached screenshot. 

For some unknown reason, the color attribute on the data point attribute does nothing, so the only option is to use the advanced format attribute. Use the syntax in the screenshot to append a color to the series on initialize.

Capture.PNG

This did the trick!

Thanks Matthew!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.