Good afternoon,

I am quite new with Outsytems. For school I had to choose a project to present in June. Me and my partner chose to make an application for school. We don't know much about Outsytems but we're slowly learning it. Right now we have a problem and we've been looking for a solution for 1 week already. 

How do we add 700 users? Our school has 700 students and we need them to have access of our application. In the <name>outsystemscloud.com/Users we're only able to add 1 user every time. That's not gonna work for us since we have to add many users. 

How can we add those 700 users all in once? Right now we have all their names and information in excel files. Is there a possibility to bootstrap that in any way?

Greetings, Patricia

Hi Patricia,

That question has come up recently, and the answer is that you need to make something yourself to do that. See Afonso's answer there for some tips.

Hi, friend. 

Welcome to OutSystems community.

According to the pricing politics, the students license can have only 100 end-users.

However, you can create a way to verify if the students e-mail is on the db and give access to your system, just using a simple validation.That will be simple but can work to your porpuse. I will be glad to help you with that.

Answering your questions, there is a (Users) entity inside the (System) module of all your applications. You can find it under the Data tab. To create user automatically, you have to bootstrap your excel file and create an iteration to the CreateOrUpdate User action with all information you have.

Best regards

Patricia Meijer wrote:

Good afternoon,

I am quite new with Outsytems. For school I had to choose a project to present in June. Me and my partner chose to make an application for school. We don't know much about Outsytems but we're slowly learning it. Right now we have a problem and we've been looking for a solution for 1 week already. 

How do we add 700 users? Our school has 700 students and we need them to have access of our application. In the <name>outsystemscloud.com/Users we're only able to add 1 user every time. That's not gonna work for us since we have to add many users. 

How can we add those 700 users all in once? Right now we have all their names and information in excel files. Is there a possibility to bootstrap that in any way?

Greetings, Patricia

Hi,

If your school allows it, maybe you can implement single sign on using IDP. This way, a user can be validated against the school's database and it will connect the user to OutSystems automatically when you logon for the first time. As Lenon noted already, be aware that limits for users apply. 

As a workaround, you could create a registration page so that users can register themselves, and login afterwards with their desired credentials.

You can reference the Users module with all the appropriate actions to create a signup form.

Remember to always encrypt the password using the encrypt server action from the users module before storing it in the database.

Kind regards,

Bas

Hi Patricia,

Did you manage to solve your import?