[AzureEventHub Connector] Using this component in os11

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 2019-07-02 by aart van blitterswijk
0 votes
Published on 2019-07-02 by aart van blitterswijk

Hallo Aart,

we want to use your forge component AzureEventHub connector to put data in json format from outsystems 10 to an Microsoft event hub.

my question is will this still work in os11? i guess it will because it is mainly c# code, but are you planning on publishing an os 11 version?

Solution

Hi Sven!
I think you should be able to POST Json-data directly to the Azure Event Hub with a standard REST call, from your module.

This means you go to the Logic Tab and then Integrations and select to Consume REST API. Then Choose to add a single method. Point out the URL to the EventHub, set POST as the REST Verb, and then add the SAS Key to the Authentication Header. Request data is the JSON you have.

I haven't tried it myself but it should work.

Solution

Yes, I agree with Daniel. It worked for me!

Hi Sven,

at the moment I do not have an Azure Event Hub available tot test this on, so I am not planning to release an OS11 version anytime soon. Sorry. 

Daniel Cornelius wrote:

Hi Sven!
I think you should be able to POST Json-data directly to the Azure Event Hub with a standard REST call, from your module.

This means you go to the Logic Tab and then Integrations and select to Consume REST API. Then Choose to add a single method. Point out the URL to the EventHub, set POST as the REST Verb, and then add the SAS Key to the Authentication Header. Request data is the JSON you have.

I haven't tried it myself but it should work.

Hallo Daniel,

thanx for your remark.

we will use the direct post in os, we also think that this should work in the project that we are working on.