FaceID in is not working on iphone 11, application gets crashed after FaceID action

Have Added TouchID dependency from forge to my application, mentioned like it supports faceID in iphone X and higher versions, But Application get crashed for client action used for faceID. have seen in community that many people have used this Touch ID and face recognition  is working, but not in my case. someone Please help through this. Thank You.

Hello Bharath,

I'm assuming you are using the Touch ID Plugin from the forge. And you are absolutely correct, that plugin supports both fingerprint and face ID authentication. I'm using it on my application.

To call that native functionality, you just need to use the TouchID client action in your flow. The application will automatically check if you have fingerprint or face ID in your device. If you have both, your application will request only one (fingerprint).

Don't forget that you need to generate new builds (APK and IPA files) for your application when you use a new plugin and that may be the cause of the crash. If you are trying to execute the plugin code, but the plugin is not present in the last generation, the app may crash.

Please make sure you generate a new version of the app and install the new build in your device.

Let me know if you managed to do it.

Hope it helps.

Rui Barradas

Hey @Rui Barradas thanks for your reply, i have generated new version of application, present i am testing in Outsystems Now, whenever i run the application and followed a client action which consists TouchId in the flow application is crashing, i think it should work in outsystems now (testing).Tried multiple times din't find any solution. Did i miss any?

Hello Bittu,

Some plugins are not supported by the OutSystems Now application.

My suggestion is that you install your application directly in your iPhone and try again.

It should work as expected :)

Let me know if you managed to do it.

Rui Barradas

Hi Bittu,

Did you manage to have the Touch ID plugin working in your application?

Cheers,

Rui Barradas

Rui Barradas wrote:

Hi Bittu,

Did you manage to have the Touch ID plugin working in your application?

Cheers,

Rui Barradas

hey Rui Barradas,

it is not working in my application.

Hi Bittu,

Instead of using OutSystems Now, can you generate a new build and try it directly in your device?

hi Rui Barradas,

Need Apple developer account to generate IOS application.but i don't have any.

Hey Bittu,

Can you try it in an Android device? It is much more simple than iOS. You don't need any developer account, you just need to generate the APK file in the Service Center using Debug build type.

After that, just install the file into your device and should be able to run it.

Hey Rui Barradas,

In Android device there is no Only FaceId, it has FaceId and fingerprint sensor, so it will give priority to Finger Print(TouchID) than faceID.

Hi Bittu,

Yes, but it only applies if those sensors are configurated in the device.

If you define only the Face ID in your device, the application will ask for it. You can have only the face recognition configurated without the fingerprint.

Hey Rui Barradas,

i have tried downloading application apk for android and it is asking only fingerprint, i have enabled only faceid in my device but and then it is prompting fingerprint to access.

Hi Rui Barradas,

Please check attachment.i have tried what you mentioned, but totally it is showing following error