How-to install Enterprise Manager

The goal of this how-to is to explain the Enterprise Manager's installation process.

Enterprise Manager is intended to be used as a back-office portal centralizing all the common administration features such as user management and also the already existing application's back-offices. By integrating every existing back-office within Enterprise Manager, you'll have one single control panel, one common way to manage users, and thus one single entry point to administrate every specific application.

It uses the platform login mechanisms, allowing developers to unify users and logins across eSpaces as if they were only one. In this particular way, the user won't have to login each time he/she changes eSpace (application). Once the user logs-in, every access to a different eSpace will be completely transparent.

1. Download the Enterprise Manager component from the Agile Network

1. Download the 'Enterprise Manager' component
  2. Press the 'Download' button

Component Download
  3. If you are not registered in the Agile Network a dialog will be displayed requiring you to register. Please follow the instructions.
  4. Read the license agreement and, if you accepts all its terms and conditions, check the appropriate box.
  5. The 'Download Now' button becomes enabled; press it to start the download.

License Agreement

2. Publish the Enterprise Manager Solution into your target server

1. Extract the content of the zip file you just downloaded.

This zip file also includes a set of Enterprise Manager related documentation namely regarding the upgrade of existing Enterprise Manager installations. We won't address them in this how-to but you should check them out.
  2. Double-click the 'Enterprise_Manager.osp' file. The Solution Pack Tool will be automatically launched.

3. Enter the Service Center information of the server where the Solution will be published to:

• Host Name: Type the name of the server machine where you installed the Agile Platform Server, e.g., localhost if you installed the platform locally in your machine.
    • User Name / Password: The Service Center credentials of the server where the Solution will be published to. The Agile Platform installer creates, by default, a user “admin” with the password “admin”. If you haven't changed them yet, use those to fill the credentials inputs.
  4. Press the '1-Click Publish' button.

Solution 1-Click Publish
  5. This operation can take a few minutes. Once it's completed the "Done" message will be displayed.

Solution 1-Click Publish Done
  6. Press the 'Close' button to leave the Solution Pack Tool

3. Test your Enterprise Manager installation

1. Type the following URL in your web browser: "http://<SERVERNAME>/Enterprise" where <SERVERNAME> is the host name of the server where the Solution was published to. The login page should be displayed.

Enterprise Manager Login
  2. If this is a fresh installation (not an upgrade) Enterprise Manager creates, by default, a user “admin” with the password “admin”.  Use those to fill the credentials inputs and press the 'Login' button.
  3. And you're done! Welcome to Enterprise Manager.

Enterprise Manager Home
Hello.

I am able to successfully install the Enterprise Manager and sign in with my admin/admin credentials. However the resulting page is incomplete, showing the header (Enterprise Manager) follwed by a blank detail area (Control Panel is missing). I am using Windows 7.  I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Thank you.

gwelch

Hi Gelene,

What happens it that for some reason the bootstrap logic of the Enterprise Manager did not execute when you installed. This logic is executed in a batch job that is ran the first time you publish Enterprise Manager.

You can see the answer to the problem in Acácio's post Re : Enterprise Manager blank screen after logon . Here he explains how to force this timer to run again and the logic to be executed.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Hi Gelene,

Just adding to Daniel's excellent advice: you need to make sure that the OutSystems Scheduler Service is running. You can see it in the Windows Services panel, in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Thank you. I followed your instructions and can now see a complete page for the Enterprise Manager. 

Best Regards--
Gelene
Great, Gelene! I am glad you were able to solve your problem.

Please do not hesitate in asking more questions to the OutSystems community!

Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems