Creating multiple records at a time based on a schedule

Hello,

I am trying to create multiple records on the click of a button at a time, based on a chosen schedule.

Let's say the schedule is to create the record every single day, but we want each one created a week in advanced. If the first due date is tomorrow, then I need to create 6 records when I click Save. One for each creation date that has already passed, but the due date is still in the future. What is the best way to create records based on this schedule?

I already have a server action that runs everyday and creates records that are to be created today. So, once the record's creation date is today, I'm good. I'm just having trouble creating the records that should have already been created based on the chosen schedule when turning on this functionality for the first time. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Andi Hise wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to create multiple records on the click of a button at a time, based on a chosen schedule.

Let's say the schedule is to create the record every single day, but we want each one created a week in advanced. If the first due date is tomorrow, then I need to create 6 records when I click Save. One for each creation date that has already passed, but the due date is still in the future. What is the best way to create records based on this schedule?

I already have a server action that runs everyday and creates records that are to be created today. So, once the record's creation date is today, I'm good. I'm just having trouble creating the records that should have already been created based on the chosen schedule when turning on this functionality for the first time. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Hi,

I believe you didn't use Timers for scheduled actions.

I think what you have to do is to create a Timer. It's under the Processes tab > Timers. 

Right-click the folder Timers and click Add Timer. On the Timer properties, you can select the schedule when it should run. Try it!

HI Andi,

Gabriel said you can use timer and schedule them weekly like below, you can select this schedule when you create time and in its properties double click schedule property.

Is this what you want?