Hi, guys!

I'm trying to use Inline DropDown. The platform shows no errors and I've already filled it up with the links. However, it never opens, it looks like a simple text. And on the the properties area there is no fields to set like "on click", "on hover" etc.

On the platform:

On the web:

It never opens.

Properties area:

Only this two features above.

Hope you can help me.

Regards,

Eduardo Coelho

You already looked in console log on the browser? 

May be this can help you

Hello Eduardo,

Can you upload your .oml file, so we can better see what happens?

greetings.

Hello Eduardo,

It seems like a javascript issue... On chrome press F12 and go to "console" tab. Look for errors there.

If you are trying to create your own inline dropdown yourself, don't forget to include the "Private\Dropwdown" script in your web block.

Check the screenshots below, taken from the InlineDropdown web block from the WebPatterns module !

Cheers!

PA

Eduardo Coelho wrote:

Hi, guys!

I'm trying to use Inline DropDown. The platform shows no errors and I've already filled it up with the links. However, it never opens, it looks like a simple text. And on the the properties area there is no fields to set like "on click", "on hover" etc.

On the platform:

On the web:

It never opens.

Properties area:

Only this two features above.

Hope you can help me.

Regards,

Eduardo Coelho

Hi Eduardo,

Can you please provide more information?

1-Which version of out systems you are using?

2-Is it Web/Mobile?

3-is this pattern is custom or came up with outsystems UI framework?

Thanks and regards,

Pankaj Pant

Pedro Abreu wrote:

Hello Eduardo,

It seems like a javascript issue... On chrome press F12 and go to "console" tab. Look for errors there.

If you are trying to create your own inline dropdown yourself, don't forget to include the "Private\Dropwdown" script in your web block.

Check the screenshots below, taken from the InlineDropdown web block from the WebPatterns module !

Cheers!

PA

Hi, Pedro!

I didn't know that! But, as far as I know, I'm not creating my own dropdown, because it was in the widgets that come with the platform.
I only have dragged the widget into the screen and filled it with the links.

Before I post the question yesterday, I've checked the console and it returned me this error:

After your reply I managed to open this web block on eSpace and saw the same screens that you sent. Because of the error, I guess this may have something to do with what you said, the private feature or another feature.

But, if this is the solution, how do I set the private feature?

Best regards,

Eduardo Coelho

Solution

Hello Eduardo,

You probably created your own page layout.

If you add to your page the web block from WebPatterns module "Layout\WidgetsForLayout" it will probably work.

Better approach would be to add this webblock to your layout, so all the screens that you create will already have this web block.

You can inspect the Layout_Lisbon theme and see how Outsystems adds this web block in their layouts.

Cheers!

PA

Solution

Pedro Abreu wrote:

Hello Eduardo,

You probably created your own page layout.

If you add to your page the web block from WebPatterns module "Layout\WidgetsForLayout" it will probably work.

Better approach would be to add this webblock to your layout, so all the screens that you create will already have this web block.

You can inspect the Layout_Lisbon theme and see how Outsystems adds this web block in their layouts.

Cheers!

PA

Hi, Pedro!

That's true. I've created a web block with no templates. So I presume I'll need to set every widget's feature.

Thanks for the help and fast replying!

I'll study Lisbon layout.

Best regards,

Eduardo Coelho

Hi Eduardo,

Nice to hear. 

Keep in mind that a layout is mostly a web block with a few placeholders.

These placeholders then are filled with Header, Footer, Menu,(...) web blocks.

Stay strong ! And keep transforming the world into a better place !

Cheers!

PA