Hi, I wanted to test an aggregate but I still don't have anything in the database.

What's the best way to create some test values? I can't find any documentation on this.

There seems to be a tab on the aggregate that references "test values" but I don't understand how it works.

Hello Daniel,

You have to create some users after that, you can go on your Data TAB --> Systems ---> Users right click it and press view data.

Than use one of the created user IDS to test the values in the aggregate.

To create Users, you need to go to the users tab and to do so you need to : https://<environment_address>/Users.

If you are new to Outsystems I'ld recommend you to do the online trainning before you start developing .

Hope it helped,

Rodrigo Martinho.

Hi Daniel,

You can bootstrap data using excel file. Just fill your data in excel file bootstrap using this excel file. You can fine below option upon right click on entity name.

Follow below documentation link for more details

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Bootstrap_an_Entity_Using_an_Excel_File

Daniel Hachmeister wrote:

Hi, I wanted to test an aggregate but I still don't have anything in the database.

What's the best way to create some test values? I can't find any documentation on this.

There seems to be a tab on the aggregate that references "test values" but I don't understand how it works.

The test values tab is for entering values for the variables you are using in your aggrigate like local screen variable, input variable etc. It has nothing to do with test values in your entity as records.

Daniel Hachmeister wrote:

Hello Daniel Hachmeister,

Add some records to the entity by bootstrapping from excel or create a screen with form for inserting the records.

once your entity is filled with some records you can use the test values accordingly.

You need to publish the module once the entity is created or bootstrapped and you will be able see the result.

Note: Test values of aggregate is for just the testing purpose it will not have any impact on the output.

Hi Daniel,

For quick data creation you can use either the approaches suggested by above community members or you can use the scaffolding approach which will create a List and edit screen for you. 

From where you can create some sample data and once the required data is created, you can just remove the screens created by scaffolding and use the data.

How Scaffolding is done can be understand by below link :

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/lesson/867/scaffolding-and-richwidgets

Hope this helps you !!

Regards,

Lakshmi Kumar Yadav

Hi Daniel,

You have to take an input parameter "UserID" as a user Identifier and the you can add the filter  as "UserID=GetUserId()". You can import tested data by using excel sheets as an import bootstraps.Then go to the test value section you will find to put the Value of the User ID. Please check the below screens...

I hope this will help you to solve it.

Thank you,

Sudip