Views
Comments
Solved
Is there a way to see a list of changes before you publish ? 
Question

Is there a way to see a list of changes before you publish ?

Similar to when you need to merge changes.

Thank you for any advice on visibility into the code behind the scenes. 

Staff
Solution

If you want to see this window after doing your development work and before publishing it

You can use the Compare with Published Version menu before publishing

Just a note, when you publish the platform will do this automatically for you. Check this doc to know a bit more.

any way to see the update change for each publish version?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Yan Cheung,

As far as I know, the only way is to open a specific version of your module and compare it with the previous or next version.

Opening a specific version: you can do this by opening a module and then selecting Open Another Version... from the Module menu.

Compare to a specific version: you can do this by selecting the Compare and Merge with Another Version or File from the same Module menu.

There's a LifeTime plugin on the Forge that helps you check for differences of an application between environments, I don't think that's exactly what you want... but you may want to check its implementation and use it as the basis for implementing something more in line with your requirements.

Hope this helps!

Hi Yan

As Jorge said there is not exactly what you pretend, but I propose that you can submit it as a new idea. But first check if  there isn't already been proposed.

Regards