Postgresql PostgreSQL Database 
Question

Hello Guys,

I'm writing this post because the others posts are a little old, so... I have a finance system website developmented with database postgresql, I'm trying to use the Outsystems for to create my app, but i need to use my current database (PostgreSQL), does anyone know how i can do this? 

Best regards,

Rubens Coe

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Rubens,

PostgreSQL is not supported out of the box. 

You can implement a connector, but you need a license to use the SDK in order to do that, and I think this is not possible in Personals (if you're talking about a personal).

This is still relevant: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14992/the-postgresql-database-connector-by-ardoric/

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Rubens,

PostgreSQL is not supported out of the box. 

You can implement a connector, but you need a license to use the SDK in order to do that, and I think this is not possible in Personals (if you're talking about a personal).

This is still relevant: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14992/the-postgresql-database-connector-by-ardoric/

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your explanation, I tried to use this connector, but some steps make no sense look like this:

1) Stop all OutSystems services (including IIS) - OK

2) Copy dlls to C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\plugins\database - I created this way because before there wasn't.

3) Make sure to open properties and Unblock the DLLs if they are blocked - OK

4) Restart all OutSystems Services - OK

5) Run Configuration Tool and install Service Center - I not found the "Configuration Tool", may the feature no long be availible.

6) If you have any application that uses the connector, publish it again. - OK

Best Regards.

Hello Ruben and Eduardo.

I'm sending this late message to let you know, that we just launched PostgreSQL Database Connector. This connector is available out-of-the-box and fully OutSystems supported from 11.15.0 and above.

Some of the advantages of the new PostgreSQL connector:

• Fully OutSystems supported;

• Supports Aurora and Generic PostgreSQL, versions 12 and 13;

• Use Integration Builder with a smoother experience for selecting and configuring database connectors.

Cheers,
Integration Builder team.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.