Controlling table records with buttons

Hi I have a table records that list records that have three different states of progress.

1. in progress
  2. awaiting sign off
  3. completed

i would like to control the table records with three buttons to toggle through the in progress, awaiting sign off and completed items in the table. how would you go about doing this?

Solution

You can create a screen action with status as input parameter. In your screen action refresh your aggrigate using refresh data (you must have created in your prepration). Call this screen action onclick of three status buttons and pass respactive status.

Then ajax refresh your table records.

This solution is for traditional web apps for reactive it will be even simpler.

Use status local variable in your screen aggrigate filter and upon three button click set respactive status in your status variable and do refresh data.

Solution

Hi Caulibeam, i am not looking to change the status of the forms in the table, i am trying to toggle the table to show what forms are in progress, awaiting sign off or completed.

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

You can create a screen action with status as input parameter. In your screen action refresh your aggrigate using refresh data (you must have created in your prepration). Call this screen action onclick of three status buttons and pass respactive status.

Use status local variable in your screen aggrigate filter and upon three button click set respactive status in your status variable and do refresh data.

Oops misread it. then in that case what Nikhil suggested would be it, to do a refresh on the data based on what's passed in the button. 

Hi Nikhil Gaur,  is it possibly to do what you described with containers?  i used containers to build the buttons because i wasnt sure if i would be able to add icons to regular buttons.

Jay Brooks wrote:

Hi Nikhil Gaur,  is it possibly to do what you described with containers?  i used containers to build the buttons because i wasnt sure if i would be able to add icons to regular buttons.

Hi Jay,

You should use link instead of container. You will be able to add icon and it works same as button. Just set its style to button or whatever you want to make it look like your current buttons (containers).

Nikhil Gaur wrote:

Hi Nikhil,

I understand you solution for my problem for the most part but i am having trouble implementing it please see screenshots of what i have so far. would you be able to tell me where i went wrong.. how do the values that i have given to the link get to the aggregate?