edit record based on entered entity

I want to add records to a table but I want different types of users to have different fields 

my first thought was to encapsulate in if but I found out I cant do that. then I thought I'd create in one page and based on combobox value chosen (type of user) will take me to different pages that contain update<Entity> but once I get ti that it will not recognize which record to update 

Hi Joharah!

When you open the new pages, that contain update<Entity> , are you sending the record Id from the record to update? 

hope this remainder helps

Graça

Hi Johrah,

Do you mean that different type of user will see different fields of same entity to edit data ?

The option to wrap your fields in if should work but you need to keep one thing in mind that the fields not visible to any specific type of user should not be mandatory or if this is just during edit than there should not be any issue.

Why do you think you cannot encapsulate fields in if ? is there many combination of user types?

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Johrah,

Do you mean that different type of user will see different fields of same entity to edit data ?

The option to wrap your fields in if should work but you need to keep one thing in mind that the fields not visible to any specific type of user should not be mandatory or if this is just during edit than there should not be any issue.

Why do you think you cannot encapsulate fields in if ? is there many combination of user types?

Regards,

-PJ-

When I try to encapsulate the row (in the edit record widget) in an if but the option does not show. 

What I ended up doing is changing the identifier from an auto number to the persons ssn and I was able to take the id to the next page (I used an if statement in the submit button action that will take to different pages that contain the update<Entity> based on what type of user was selected from combo box)

HI Joharak,

You must be doing something wrong as the rows can be easily encapsulated in if . Also having two different pages is also not an good option to edit the same entity and different fields .

Could you please send me one sample oml with the entity , user type and filed mapping against user type to be edited. I will work on that sample and will provide you the best possible solution.

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Pramod Jain wrote:

HI Joharak,

You must be doing something wrong as the rows can be easily encapsulated in if . Also having two different pages is also not an good option to edit the same entity and different fields .

Could you please send me one sample oml with the entity , user type and filed mapping against user type to be edited. I will work on that sample and will provide you the best possible solution.

Regards,

-PJ-

it worked now but by encapsulating the content in the cell instead of the whole row but thanks anyways for the help!

Solution

Good to hear that your problem is solved. Please mark any of the post as solution so that we can consider this post as closed.

Regards,

-PJ-