MOSS UserProfileService Web Reference

MOSS UserProfileService Web Reference

Hello,

I'm trying to invoke the method GetUserProfileByName in the UserProfileService Web Reference I added to an eSpace, in an attempt to integrate with SharePoint authentication / authorization services.

When I invoke the method in an Action, I get the following error:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Xml.XmlText' to type 'System.Xml.XmlElement'.
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderWRefUserProfileService.Read10_WORCValueDataRecord(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderWRefUserProfileService.Read11_WORCPropertyDataRecord(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderWRefUserProfileService.Read78_GetUserProfileByNameResponse()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer126.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

Any clues on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Hello Milton

From the error you are getting I would say that either your web service is not declaring the correct type of a construct used in the answer, or the Agile Platform is misinterpreting it.
Can you post the WSDL of the web service you are consuming? You can get it by inputting the URL you use to import the web service in a web browser, and then choosing "View Source".

Also, if you could capture a set of requests/responses it would be great for detecting what is going wrong. You can use this post with instructions for doing that.

If you have any questions on how to proceed, please post your comments here.

Cheers,
Acácio