[Tableau_JS_API_Reactive] How do I call or add the tableau api module in a web app that I created?

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 2019-12-05 by Marcelo Ferreira
0 votes
Published on 2019-12-05 by Marcelo Ferreira

I have SS 11.

I have create a web app and now I want to add a page that uses Tableau.  I have downloaded the Tabelau api to my development environment.  I cant seem to figure out how to add this API module to this web app that I have created or call it.  Please advise.

Hi Peter,

Did you look to the demo? If yes what you already done? so we can start from there.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks for the reply Marcelo.  Yes, I looked at the demo and noticed that there was a web block on the screen layout.  I also notice that this was using a Reactive theme.  Does my web app have to be a reactive web app? When I created it I chose Website with a Silk UI theme, maybe that's the issue?

Hi Peter,

If you your application is web traditional you can use this other component.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Peter,

If you your application is web traditional you can use this other component.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo, I was able to add it as a dependency.  However, when I go to the designer and add a web block, I dont see this API as an option on the right of the screen where I have the tree showing UI flows, Images, and themes.  I apologize for the questions, I am learning from scratch, have done some of the basic training and I am able to build basic components, but this piece has me puzzled.

Hi Peter,

You really need to install the other version I pointed out which is prepared to work with your application which is in web traditional.

Regards,

Marcelo