Can we use external url update something there and return back to ousystem app?

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible that I am in outsystem application I click on one link , I will be redirected to external Url i do something there and come back to outsystem application?

Thanks,

Anushree.

Hi Anushree,

Can you do changes in external app? 

Add link to your OutSystems app in external app if it is possible.

Or you can open link in new browser tab and you will return to Outsystems app after closing other tab.

To open link in new tab add this attribute:

Solution

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi Anushree,

Can you do changes in external app? 

Add link to your OutSystems app in external app if it is possible.

Or you can open link in new browser tab and you will return to Outsystems app after closing other tab.

To open link in new tab add this attribute:

Thanks for responding. I have done something similar.But I was wondering if I can add this into my BPT or Server action.

Solution

Hi Anu,

The remote website is a self contained application. If you want to navigate back to your originating application your going to need to add some logic in the remote website to allow this. BPT will not help you with this not can any Server Action in your originating application.

Vincent Koning wrote:

Hi Anu,

The remote website is a self contained application. If you want to navigate back to your originating application your going to need to add some logic in the remote website to allow this. BPT will not help you with this not can any Server Action in your originating application.

Thanks for confirmation. I was confused hence asked question.