[PWWebNotificationsReactive] Support for PWA ?

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 16 Jan by Ricardo Costa
0 votes
Published on 16 Jan by Ricardo Costa

Hi ,

How can i use this to be able to send notification on PWA app .

What all changes have to be done on this componet so that i can send push notifications on the PWA app also.

Regards,

Nitesh 

Hello Nitesh.

I never tried it with PWA, but I believe that it will work just fine without changing anything.

The problem with PWAs is the interaction with the device, the native side not the javascript side.

But give it a try and please tell me how it goes.

Thank you,

Ricardo Costa

Ricardo Costa wrote:

Hello Nitesh.

I never tried it with PWA, but I believe that it will work just fine without changing anything.

The problem with PWAs is the interaction with the device, the native side not the javascript side.

But give it a try and please tell me how it goes.

Thank you,

Ricardo Costa

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for the reply,i think your solution works perfectly for the web apps but i have already tried implementing same logic with PWA but for some reasons it didn't worked.

There are couple of Manifest file which are generated on the native app which is converted to PWA, one is auto generated by Outsystems and second one is in the resource file  which overlaps each other . Moreover there are service workers which are not able to locate it and giving errors in console.

Could you pls give some time and provide a working solution to get push notification on PWA app, it will be a great help.

Regards,

Nitesh Ahirwar

Hello.

A different sample was published that is able to support PWA:

The manifest now is not a resource but the information is added directly to the PWA manifest in the extensibility configurations.

This change was also applied:

Thank you,

Ricardo Costa

Ricardo Costa wrote:

Hello.

A different sample was published that is able to support PWA:

The manifest now is not a resource but the information is added directly to the PWA manifest in the extensibility configurations.

This change was also applied:

Thank you,

Ricardo Costa

Hello Recardo ,

Thanks for the sample PWA app and all your clarifications regarding manifest file.

But i have some issue with the new PWA Push notifications ,Posting it there for your reference.

Regards,

Nitesh