Deployment history & platform upgrade history.

Hi Team,

If we want to Query or find out deployment history of different versions of outsystems platform is there any table or tables for retrieving information.

Is there any way to find out without database tables.

Which is needed as part of our project related work.

Regards,

Srilakshmi

Hi,

you can install the Staging forge component.

• It will add an extra "More" menu in LifeTime environment with all the staging history.

Note: If you need to send the log to another application like Jenkins you could analyse the component and see how it retrieves the log, from their you probably know how to process the logging.

Regards,

Nuno

Hi Srilakshmi,

I don't know if that is possible. But you can get the latest version from the Espace_ Version entity.

You could join this entity with Espace entity and filter on Espace.Name =  "ServiceCenter".

Regards,

Daniel

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi,

• It will add an extra "More" menu in LifeTime environment with all the staging history.

Note: If you need to send the log to another application like Jenkins you could analyse the component and see how it retrieves the log, from their you probably know how to process the logging.

Regards,

Nuno

Hi Nuno Miguel,

I think the question was related to the OutSystems Platform versions, not versions of applications that are being deployed.

Regards,

Daniel

srilakshmi indukuri wrote:

Hi Team,

If we want to Query or find out deployment history of different versions of outsystems platform is there any table or tables for retrieving information.

Is there any way to find out without database tables.

Which is needed as part of our project related work.

Regards,

Srilakshmi

Adding to my first response, you will always be notified by OutSystems for platform updates. They do not just automatically happen. So you would be able to keep an administration of the updates of environments.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Nuno

Hi Nuno Miguel,

I think the question was related to the OutSystems Platform versions, not versions of applications that are being deployed.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
You may be right, Daniel, thank you. For now I will let it be, to see if it makes any sense to the OP.

Regards,
Nuno

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Srilakshmi,

I don't know if that is possible. But you can get the latest version from the Espace_ Version entity.

You could join this entity with Espace entity and filter on Espace.Name =  "ServiceCenter".

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel. We will try thing out for platform upgrade history . Can we make use of the same query with Espace.Name filter as the Application module name like "App_Module1" to get the deployment history of the individual application also ?

Regards

Nihar

NIHAR Hota wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Srilakshmi,

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel. We will try thing out for platform upgrade history . Can we make use of the same query with Espace.Name filter as the Application module name like "App_Module1" to get the deployment history of the individual application also ?

Regards

Nihar

If you want to get the Last_Upgrade_Version of the platform for your specific module, yes you can do that.

But If you want deployment history of an application, then the Staging component that was mentioned by Nuno Miguel can be used. But if you are on a recent version of OutSystems LifeTime (Dec 2019 or more recent) you can find that information also in LifeTime in the Deployment plans screens:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Deploy_Applications/Deployment_Plans

Also, there is the LifeTime API you can use to retrieve this information:

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/LifeTime_API_v2

Regards,

Daniel

The business needs to have a data extract in the form of an excel or so. We checked the deployment plan screen and didn't find any export facility. What should be our approach ? Create a function that uses the API and extracts the data in to an excel ?

The below are the data we need

1. Upgrade history of the platform

2. Deployment history of the application

Please guide.

Regards

Nihar

1. Upgrade history of the platform

Do this manually, you will get emails from OutSystems when the platform is updated.

2. Deployment history of the application

Use the LifeTime API Deployment methods to export the data and load it into excel using OutSystems.