I did not find Multilingual Locales folder in the elements tree of the Data Tab in Multilingual component

Hi Irfan,

What you mean is that you can't find this folder?

In Mobile case, you have this Multilingual Mobile Component

I also leave you here this video from ODC, which contains a lot of information that can help you: Multiple Languages and Mobile Apps

Cheers,
Nuno

In Web Traditional case, you have 3 options to implement Multilanguage.

1 - translate directly from Outsystems Translations Menu

• In Data tab/right click on Multilingual Locales/Add Locale. Add a locale that you want.
  • In Data tab/right click on Multilingual Locales/Edit Translations:

• Set your translations.

2 - Exporting an Excel File Template (in Data tab /Multilingual Locale /Export Language Resources to Excel)

• and change them to import them into Outsystems, again (in Data tab /Multilingual Locale /Export Language Resources to Excel)

3 - Adding a table between Locale Table and a table of your database that you need to translate, doing a N to M relation between this 2 tables.

• This table have Id, LocaleId, Table1Id (identifier of table that you want to translate) and Translation.
  • Use GetCurrentLocale() function to know what the current Locale you have in session, to search in these tables and translate your table1 records based in creation records in your intermediate table through  the table1Id, and the current localeId attributes.

See more here information: How To - Build an App with Multilingual support

I hope this information, helps you.

Cheers,
Nuno Miguel Verdasca

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

In mobile case, you have this Multilingual Mobile Component

I left this video from ODC, that explain several things about this topic: Multiple Languages and Mobile Apps

Thank you Nuno, 

I mean the same folder which you shown in this reply.

I downloaded and installed the mobile multilingual component, but I didnot find this folder.

If you have demo, can you please share with me , and also let me know how to add the local language in this?

Do we need to install any translator for this?

Please share the OML file in Outsystems version 11.

Hi Irfan,

Tell me something first. What kind of application are you building? Mobile / Web Traditional / Reactive

Nuno Miguel Verdasca wrote:

Hi Irfan,

Tell me something first. What kind of application are you building? Mobile / Web Traditional / Reactive

I am trying to build Mobile application.

Hi Nuno,

If I want to use multi languages in already developed mobile applications, how to do that?

In Mobile, you don't find this folder. You need use that component that I shared with you.

If with the component documentation and the video, you can't implement the Multilingual, I leave you here a forge component that explain how you can do it: Multilingual To Do :

• This app is a simplified To Do app used to illustrate how to use the mobile multilingual component.

• Translations are stored as bundled resources inside the app so that it can work offline. To change the app's language use the "Settings" entry in the app's menu.

I hope this help you,

Cheers,
Nuno

Thank you Nuno and assif for your quick reply.

I gone through the Multilingual TO DO , And I tested it, it is working as expected, I am able to change the languages from English to Arabic, Portugese. But If I want to translate the same into chinese or Hindi, How can I do that?

Welcome.

and about your last question, yes you can.

assif_tiger wrote:

Hi Irfan,

Refer my answer on this post:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/58905/i-want-to-translate-mobile-app-from-english-to-arabic/

Hi assif,

THank you for your response, the link which you sent me explaining the whole process, how to add the other language, let me go through it , if I still stuck somewhere I will let you know.

Thank you Nuno, for your quick responses.

Irfan wrote:

Thank you Nuno and assif for your quick reply.

I gone through the Multilingual TO DO , And I tested it, it is working as expected, I am able to change the languages from English to Arabic, Portugese. But If I want to translate the same into chinese or Hindi, How can I do that?

You just need to add 1 more array for each respective language in Translation Json & for sure with Translation.

You can use this web plugin to manage multiple languages's with your mobile app:
Install this supportive web plugin

Hi All,

Using assif's post

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/58905/i-want-to-translate-mobile-app-from-english-to-arabic/

I am able to translate the language from one to another in my mobile application.

I have one question.

I have an expression, where I have 6 to 7 category names which are static.

If I want to translate them, do I need to translate each category, 

OR

Just by using GetTranslation to that expression, translates all the categories?

@Nuno, you also did a great help to me on this regard