@All,

we have an issue regarding ADAuthProvider.

We have a dev-environment on server "DEV".
We have Lifetime on server "LIFETIME".

We are able to login in DEV/ServiceCenter with users specified on LIFETIME-ActiveDirectory.
Also testing with LIFETIME/ADAuthProvider/Test.aspx works fine.
But testing with DEV/ADAuthProvider/Test.aspx doesn't work.

And we are not able to login to ServiceStudio (i.e. development-center).....(Invalid Username/Password)

Any ideas???

Best Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Did you go through the Authentication Mode setup in LifeTime and made sure the test ran successfully for your DEV environment? If not, what kind of error did you receive? Can you share some logs maybe?

Also, did you make sure your configuration in ADAuthProvider is the same for your DEV environment?

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin,

when going through Authentication Mode setup I receive the error (step Propagate):
"The authentication provider does not support the configuration API. Check the help topic on external authentication."

The configurations are the same on 'DEV' and 'LIFETIME'...

Hi Jeroen,

That error is fine. It means the version of the plugin you're using does not support the configuration API. You can read more about it here.

At this point in the wizard, you can just click 'skip this step', since you have already configured ADAuthProvider, and continue the process. 

The important part is after this step, when you try to test the plugin against your DEV environment. What happens at this point?

So that looks perfect. 

You just need to click 'Apply configurations' and after that all IT users that are logged in will need to log out first. After that you should be able to login using your ActiveDirectory credentials.

Yes that should be the case, but we are still not able to login in ServiceStudio....
That's the whole problem :-(

Maybe (for example) the SecurityManagerURL site-property of DEV/ServiceCenter is wrong?
I tried almost everyting......

Can you share the error that gets logged at the point where you can't login in Service Studio?

Also, did you make sure that the User that fails to login into Service Studio, is not locked in AD?

Can you run a query on your Development Platform Database on OSSYS_AUTHPROVIDER table and share the output?

Jeroen Vormer wrote:

Yes that should be the case, but we are still not able to login in ServiceStudio....
That's the whole problem :-(

Maybe (for example) the SecurityManagerURL site-property of DEV/ServiceCenter is wrong?
I tried almost everyting......

AFAIK the SecurityManagerURL site property is for registering your (DEV) environment with LifeTime. So it should contain a URL endpoint for your LifeTime environment. 

Result for DEV-environment:

Jeroen Vormer wrote:

Result for DEV-environment:

Well, that looks about right too. External Authentication is indeed enabled for your DEV environment, so nothing seems wrong with your integration.

What worries me is the fact that several 'Invalid username or password' errors get logged at the same time.

Could you maybe share some Error detail screenshots? 

I think something else, other than an issue with your AD integration, is going on here.

A test you can perform to make sure this hasn't got to do with you AD integration is resetting the Authentication mode back to 'Built-in authentication' for your DEV environment.

If you can login in Service Studio, after running the UPDATE query from the documentation, then we'd know something is wrong with your AD configuration.

If you still cannot login in Service Studio, we'd know there is another issue.