Reactive Apps - How to reset table Sort

Hi there,

I am testing the new Reactive Web Apps and i came across this scenario, imagine that i implement a table and i click on a column to sort it:

And then i want to implement a button to Reset the current column sorting so i can have the default (unsorted) view again.

How can i do this in the new Reactive Web Apps? I don't see any action to reset a sort of a table, and i don't see that pattern implemented when i scaffold entities either.

Thanks.

Nuno Guedes

Hi Nuno,

Default sorting is a sorting by Id. So you can add button with logic that sets sorting by Id column.

Daryna Kravets wrote:

Hi Nuno,

Default sorting is a sorting by Id. So you can add button with logic that sets sorting by Id column.

Hi Daryana,

I can manipulate the data that way that you ar saying, but the problem is that the column highlight does not disappear in the UI:

What i want to know is if there is a way to visually reset the highlight of the sort on the table column that was clicked by the user, in the UI itself.

Hi Nuno,

On the table header their is option only for shot column order by ASC and DESC.

If you want reset the shorting you need to put additional button on page and write you own logic.

Else you have to modify you short logic like below step-

1. take one additional column for reset shorthing

2.take one inpput paramete isReset in short action

3.check if IsReste is true then reset table shorting else put order by logic.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul Sahu

Hello Rahul,

Thanks for your answer, i am not sure if i understood your suggestion, but from what i understood, you suggested that i implementa a fully custom header solution instead of using the Sort Attribute of the header Column.

If that is the case, i already thought of that and i'm sure that a fully custom solution would work, but i find hard to believe that there is no easier way to do it in this awesome platform :).

Even in traditional Web we have the List_Navigation_ResetStartIndex in the RichWidgets eSpace to do the trick. In reactive apps there is no equivalent to this action?

Thanks.

Nuno Guedes