Obtaining multiple files contents from a REST API in one server Action

Hi there,

I want to build a Server Action to query a Rest API to obtain a list of files and also the contents of all those files. The user do not need to interact with every file, just need to be sure that they are downloaded and saved in an storage service (S3, GDrive, OneDrive, ....)

I am including the following diagram with a comment where I want to download and save the files:

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Please, let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

José

Can't you just loop over the Archives\Download list and parse the contents? You can do that inside the loop you already have and place the "obtain_downloadSave_Content" action in there. 

Vincent Koning wrote:

Can't you just loop over the Archives\Download list and parse the contents? You can do that inside the loop you already have and place the "obtain_downloadSave_Content" action in there. 

Hi Vincent, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have access to the Download URL and I could obtain the contents but I do not see how to call a Get HTTP request. I cannot find the GetRequest_Submit action or function.

I would like to obtain every file contents and save them into a folder in a cloud storage.

Thanks

I think you can easily create a REST call that gets the url's contents. Use one URL to create the REST call with the Test method and then use the OnBeforeRequest action to set the URL for each request (or are they all from the same source?)

Solution

Hi Jose,

In case you need the GetRequest_Submit action, you can find it in the HTTPRequestHandler extension. The BinaryContent output will contain the downloadable files.

Regards,

Nordin

Solution

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Jose,

In case you need the GetRequest_Submit action, you can find it in the HTTPRequestHandler extension. The BinaryContent output will contain the downloadable files.

Regards,

Nordin

Thanks Nordin, this was really helpful. I didn't know it was part of a extension.

Jose

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Jose,

Regards,

Nordin

Cool. This one is also new for me. Thank you for posting this :) 

Vincent Koning wrote:

I think you can easily create a REST call that gets the url's contents. Use one URL to create the REST call with the Test method and then use the OnBeforeRequest action to set the URL for each request (or are they all from the same source?)

Hi Vincent, thanks for your help. I was figuring out how to build this REST thing and your help with the Test method and setting the URL has been very helpful

Best regards

José

You're welcome guys. We're all here to help each other and learn from each other right? :)

Regards,

Nordin

Jose Ferrer wrote:

Vincent Koning wrote:

Hi Vincent, thanks for your help. I was figuring out how to build this REST thing and your help with the Test method and setting the URL has been very helpful

Best regards

José

Your welcome Jose. If my comment helped you solve the issue then please mark it as the solution. This will help the community with finding answers to similar questions quickly.