[Social Login Reactive] Configuration Error

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 26 Mar by André Gonçalves
0 votes
Published on 26 Mar by André Gonçalves

Hi

I've been trying to use the Social Login tool but with little success.

I've followed the documentation here.

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Documentation.aspx?ProjectId=7883&ProjectName=social-login-reactive

when i finished everything i tried to test and every time i clicked on the button it appeared "Please set the configuration for the facebook service". i tried to debug, what i noticed was that after i saved configuration the table "OAuthServiceConfig" was empty and i'm assuming that saving the configuration through "Social Login Configurator" would save the configuration in that table.

I noticed because it always stops in the action "ValidateAndPrepareOAuthService" and it goes to the expection "MissingProviderConfig".


what im trying to ask is, what could i have done wrong in the configuration?

Hey!

Have you used the Social Login Configurator Tool to setup Facebook?

If so, can you please send a sample app?

Thanks!

Hi Ir Trabalhar,

First, what login you try to configure?

Second, you have to install the 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7894/social-login-configurator

and then go to the Facebook Developer/Google Console/ or Etc... and configure your client id and client secret.

Last go to configurator APP and set those values.


I've tested and it works.


Please tell us if you have more doubts.


André Gonçalves wrote:

Hey!

Have you used the Social Login Configurator Tool to setup Facebook?

If so, can you please send a sample app?

Thanks!

Hi!

Yes i have used it, i double check if all the mandatory fields were filled, and they were (the optional ones, Button Color, Class Names, Order, stayed blank). 

I atached a sample of the app im making (not sure if this is the thing you were asking  for).


Fábio Vaz wrote:

Hi Ir Trabalhar,

First, what login you try to configure?

Second, you have to install the 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/7894/social-login-configurator

and then go to the Facebook Developer/Google Console/ or Etc... and configure your client id and client secret.

Last go to configurator APP and set those values.


I've tested and it works.


Please tell us if you have more doubts.


Hello

The login i tried to configure first was the facebook one

I installed the Social Login Configurator, created the facebook app, and went to the configurator  and set the values needed (i didn't set the values that were optional, the button color, class name and order).


I think after reading your answer and the one from  André Gonçalves, i think the problem is in the configuration of the facebook app, i will check that again.

if you are getting the "Please set the configuration for the facebook service" exception I don't think that the problem is related with the facebook configuration (from facebook developer page).

One thing that I noticed is that the ValidateAuthorization screen is not anonymous in your sample. It needs to be.

Besides that I see no problems there.

Can you confirm that after setting all data in the facebook section of the Configurator the OAuthServiceConfig Entity is still empty?

André Gonçalves wrote:

if you are getting the "Please set the configuration for the facebook service" exception I don't think that the problem is related with the facebook configuration (from facebook developer page).

One thing that I noticed is that the ValidateAuthorization screen is not anonymous in your sample. It needs to be.

Besides that I see no problems there.

Can you confirm that after setting all data in the facebook section of the Configurator the OAuthServiceConfig Entity is still empty?


I've changed the anonymous status from the ValidateAuthorization, and filled all the optional fields that were blank.

I'm still getting the "Please set the configuration for the facebook service" exception. I even deleted the previous configuration i had made and created a new one to see if it worked (it didn't) the OAuthServiceConfig Entity is still empty.


Edit: i attached a printscreen from the debug i did, the print is of the aggregate present in the action IsServiceConfigured present in the action ValidateAndPrepareOAuthService 

Solution

Hi

I thank you for all those who gave part of your time.

The problem was in the configurator, when i got to the configurator it had data but it wasn't saved in the table.

I've solved the problem by refreshing the SL_Configurator dependecies.

Once again i thank you for your help and hope this post can help someone else.

Solution