Enterprise Manager blank screen after logon

Enterprise Manager blank screen after logon

I have successfully installed a solution provided to me as a osp file. I now need to use Enterprise Manager to give me runtime access to it and avoid 'invalid permissions' errors when running it. I login to Enterprise Manager successfully but the screen that is displayed has a thin empty rectangle under the header where the menu tree should be. How can I get it to display correctly? A colleague said that when he logs out and in again it works but that does not work for me.

Login is with admin userid (same as I use for Service Center) and I am using v 5.0.5 of Enterprise Manager. I am doing this all for the first time.

Can anyone help me please?
Doug
Hi Doug,

Is the blank screen similar to the one I show below?

If it is, it simply means you are logging in with a user that does not have Enterprise Manager permissions (please be aware that Service Center users are not the same as Enterprise Manager users). The default Enterpriser Manager administrator is the admin user with admin password. Try using this one.

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems

Daniel

Yes, it is exactly like that except for 'Administrator' instead of your name. I have logged in with admin/admin and made sure that this is an Enterprise Manager user by changing the password for the Service Center administrator to something else. I then logged out of both and then back in again with the different passwords. But it is still showing the same empty box. I tried with both IE and Firefox. Do you have any more ideas why this might not display?

Doug
Hi Doug,

That behavior means that for some reason your admin user does not have the Administrator priviledge.
Attached you have the eSpace GrantAdminPriviledge.oml that you can publish in your Community Edition. Open the GrantAdmin entry point in your browser and press the Grant Admin Permission button. This will give the user with username admin the Administrator permission.

After having the problem fixed, delete this eSpace - the eSpace has no security restrictions, so you should not have it published.

Best Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems
Hi Doug

The problem you are having can also occur if, for some reason, bootstrap of Enterprise Manager failed. Enterprise Manager will bootstrap - i.e. create the initial seed data - when you first publish Enterprise Manager it will trigger that activity, which includes the creation of the user.

If for some reason bootstrap was incomplete, you can get that symptom. In that case, you simply need to force bootstrap to occur again, by doing the following:
  • Go to Service Center (http://localhost/ServiceCenter), login and go to Factory --> eSpaces;
  • Click EnterpriseManager
  • Choose the Site Properties tab and click DoBootStrap;
  • Change its value to True and click Apply;
  • Now click the Timers tab, select the DoBootStrap timer and click Run Now.
After that, you can try login again and you should get the full menu.

Cheers,
Acácio
Daniel, I installed the oml and granted access but this didn't help. However, Acácio's tip of using the DoBootstrap timer did work and I now see the full menu.

Thank you both very much for your help.

Best regards
Doug

Hi Doug,

I'm glad you solved your problem.
My eSpace did not work because the admin user didn't even exist due to the fact that the Enterprise Manager bootstrap was not executed - my eSpace would grant permissions to that user.

In case you have any other questions, just ask the community :) .

Regards,

Daniel Lourenço
OutSystems