WordMerge extension in Windows 7 with office 2007

WordMerge extension in Windows 7 with office 2007

  

hello

im trying to use WORDMERGE Extension...

so i try the sample WordMergeSample, withou sucess : it gives this error message 

Could not launch MSWord COM



so i open the OutSystems WordMerge - Technical Note.mht and  to  Configure DCOM, and i cant make  item 3 .3 :

3. Configure DCOM

3.1. Login to the server with an Administrator account.

3.2. Launch de Component Services management console (dcomcnfg in a command prompt).

3.3. Edit the properties of Microsoft Word Document DCOM (Component Services\Computers\My Computer\DCOM Config\Microsoft Word Document).

3.4. In the Security Tab add the user from step 2 to the Launch Permissions list.


i dont have this option : Microsoft Word Document



Yes, i have Office 2007 installed


any ideas ?
 


 


Hi Bruno!

Actually, that extension had been developed pre-Office 2007, but that shouldn't be a problem.

I just checked in my computer where I also have Office 2007 installed, and I would assume that what you are now looking for is the key

Microsoft Office Word 97 - 2003 Document

since it is the closest to what it is expected in Office 2003. You are doing this in the server, right?

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
im trying on my PC (windows 7)  with Community Edition license

Ok. That shouldn't be a problem.

Can you find the key I mentioned under windows 7's DCOM Config?

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares


No.


thats my problem

Hi Bruno.

Sadly, I've been doing some research in Google, and it appears that you are not the only one with such a problem with Office's installation. Unfortunately, from what I could gather, I wasn't really able to find a workaround, or anyone that has fixed it.

I found something here which might help:

1. Choose Start > Run, enter Dcomcnfg and hit OK.

2. Find the entry for Word under Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config.

This entry might say “Microsoft Word Document”, “Word Document”, “Document”, or might just be the GUID for Winword.exe – in my case, it was the GUID {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}


Asides from that, this is my only other shot:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproappcompat/thread/dde69147-a01a-4eb1-8ea9-31adbf874bed

...if that doesn't help, I'm really out of clues for now.

Please let us know what worked out for you - others will probably face the same issue using Windows 7, or other configurations.

Best regards, and good luck!

Paulo Tavares

Hi Bruno,

If you are using office 2007, and using the ."docx" type of file is not a problem, I would recommend you to take a look at this component:
http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkSolutions/ProjectDetail.aspx?ProjectId=142

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira

hello,
i did not have sucess with WordMerge... cant find the  Microsoft Word Document DCOM ....
so i try the docxMerge that works fine for me.

 

However, if someone find this problem (WordMerge), please let me know


Best Regards
Bruno Rebelo

Hello...


Now that I'm using docxMerge sometimes do not replace all the words that I want. For example for a list of 20 words sometimes a word in the midst of these has not been replaced.

I created a function that returns the binary file resulting from the MERGE, being that the parameter input for the next replacement.

Has anyone encountered this error or BUG?


Best Regards
Bruno Rebelo


Hi Bruno.

Apparently you're the first to run into that, but for anyone to better understand the error, it would help if you could replicate it systematically with a certain set of inputs - i.e. a specific file, and a specific list of words - and provide us that, so that one can look into it.

Other than that, there's always the extension code - you might be able to look into it and debug the extension using Visual Studio.

I don't have it installed in my pc, so I'm sorry I can't help more.

Best regards,

Paulo Tavares
thanks anyway Paulo...

i will prepare a sample to upload.

Best Regards
Bruno Rebelo
Hi Bruno,

I'm currently using it to replace 16 sets of words and haven't detected any error, I'll wait for your sample and then take a look at it.

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira
Hi Bruno,

I now found out the reason for the problem you reported using the docxMerge component.
I faced the same problem recently (having some keys not being replaced) and was going crazy as to why this was happening, then I decided to open the xml generated by word 2007 and found lots of "garbage" in it.
i.e: I had a key called "@reuniao" and in the xml it appeared like:
<xml stuff>"@re"<xml stuff>"uniao"<xml stuff>

What I did was remove the <xml stuff> in between, save the file and recompile the docx and it worked like a charm.

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira