Service Studio is not compatible with Platform server

Service Studio is not compatible with Platform server

Hi,

After recent upgrade of Platform Server and Service studio, I get the the following message when trying to publish or access the server:
"This version of of Service Studio (5.0.2.3) is not compatible with the selected platform server (5.0.1.0)".

Somehow it does not recognize the proper version of the platform server (5.0.2.4).

I've tried to re-install or clean install the server but still with no luck.

Please help

Thanks,

Dror

Hi Dror,

You're installing the stand-alone Platform Server installer, right? (not the Community Edition).

So, you probably miss some step of the Platform Server installation. After launching the installer it should open a installation check list web-page in your default browser. You probably need to run the Configuration Tool, upgrade the database schema, re-start the OutSystems services and run the SCInstall (some of the installation steps)....

If you already done these installation steps then it's another problem... please let me know.

Best regards,
João Portela
João hi,

Appericiate your fast response.

That was indeed my problem. I'm tried to download a Platform Server from the download page whereas I hold a community edition.  Re-installing on latest community edition version solved my problem. Only to discover another...

After succesfully deploying an e-space to the server, I've made couple of changes to data model  (minor changes in structure attribute type). I've republished the espace, and wanted to test in my PTA:
1. PTA's content was not changed from the previous version
2. Data model was not changed.

Trying to physicaly remove the PTA folder did not solved the PTA, nor republishing solved the structure problem

I'm using the latest community edition (5.0.2.6).

Any ideas how i can tuckle this?

Dror

Hi,

Apparently your changes were not published. Have you tried to republish the new version of the eSpace (notice that I'm not talking about re-deplying) ?

Here's a hint: eSpace database model is "shared" between publica and private areas (PTAs), so you can try to check database changes in public area (or even in database). Everytime you change the database model (e.g. new entities or attributes) you'll need to publish the espace (public and private area).

So, please do a 1CP in the Service Studio and check if your changes are effective. If not, it could be a problem (bug)...

Regards,
João Portela

Hi,

The problem with uneffected changes in the structure attribute resolved itself.
I still have a major issue on the debug part. Even after I 1CP (F5) and run the debug mode (F6), The content of the PTA does not reflect to the content of the previously published area. Note that the public area is correctly updated by the 1CP.

Trying to remove the test folder from the platform server directory, only temporarly solve the problem. I can debug on the public area, but this is not a desired approach for me.

Thanks,

Dror

Hi Dror,

Do you still have the same problem with the PTAs and debugger?

Best regards,
João Portela
Yes. Problem stil persist.

Dror

Hi Dror,

Could you please try the following: before you do a 1CP or a Run, explicitly save the eSpace/application, and only after click on the 1cP or Run button.
We found out a problem with this pattern (the fix will be released on the next version of Service Studio and Community Edition).

Please let me know if this solves your problem, or if the problem persists. If the problem persists, I advise you to submit the problem to Product support (support@outsystems.com). They will help you found out the problem.

Best regards,
João Portela

João,

Saving the eSpace prior to 1CP still does not fix the problem. I am able to debug on the public space, but still not in the PTA (debugging works but on old version of the eSpace)

Dror
Hi Dror,

If you still have problem I suggest you to ask for Help from the Product Support.
Inside Service Studio, in the 'Help' toolbar option you have a "Submit Feedback" option. Select this one and describe your problem.

Regards,
João Portela