[IdP] Upgrade Outsystems 11 - IDP configuration replication from version 10

Forge Component
(43)
Published on 4 May (3 weeks ago) by Henrique Batista
43 votes
Published on 4 May (3 weeks ago) by Henrique Batista

Hope everyone is doing well!

We have integrated IDP module with OKTA and also have upgraded some of the configurations accordingly. I would like to know if all these configurational updates would replicate over Outsystems 11 after upgrade from version 10.

Also, specifically, IDP module uses OKTA certificate that is uploaded as an IDP configuration. will the certificate be redeployed to OS 11 after the upgrade?

Solution

hi Nikhil, the configurations are saved against entities, so if its a cloud installation OS will take care of the of that) but if it is an on-premises so when you upgraded from 10 to 11 you will lose the configs unless you did a data migration from the tables, please enter in the idp configuration page and check if the configurations are still there(possible will not be), so there you will need to configure against your okta and update the new certificate. 

Solution

Thanks Carlos,

We have Outsystems cloud tenant, so I believe it will upgrade IDP with all configurations. However, to be safe side, I will document the existing configuration.

Nikhil Singh wrote:

Thanks Carlos,

We have Outsystems cloud tenant, so I believe it will upgrade IDP with all configurations. However, to be safe side, I will document the existing configuration.

Download IDP version 11 => open service studio => open existing IDP component => choose compare & merge with another version or file => select v11 file which you downloaded => do a merge & publish.

All your configs shall remain intact. You can push the updated component without any hassle in further environments.

Definitely for safe side, keep a backup of all your current configurations.

Nikhil Singh wrote:

Thanks Carlos,

Welcome!