Mobile App Validation message not showing

Hello everyone. Currently I am developing a Mobile App in which the user can press a button that opens a pop-up  with a form and inputs inside of it. The button inside the pop-up that submits the form and handles the validation doesn't show the ValidationMessage property if the form isn't valid. As soon as the user goes to the input and then types one character, then the ValidationMessage shows up. This only happens with forms inside pop-ups. 

Any idea how I can show the validationmessage as soon as the button is pressed?

Hi, friend!

Can you send the .OML file? 

Inside you app, click in Module (top left side) > export > Save as...

Hello Lenon, I'm not sure I am allowed to share the entire App. There is more functionality in there than just the bit I described in my post. Is there a different way I can show you my problem?

Hi Robert,

You could make a Proof of Concept app to demonstrate your issue. Since it's a small usecase it should be fairly simple to recreate the issue in an small, anonymized application.

Vincent

Processing Upload...

See attached file. Same problem occurs there.

Solution

Hi Robert,

I observed the same issue which you mentioned in your post i.e. the Form validation message is not displayed inside the popup section after the form gets validate on the button click (but by entering the character to the input control the validation message is getting shown, which is bit weird). I tried to find out the root cause but was not succeeded in that, but I figured out a work around for this.

Workaround: Define the form within a Block and instantiate the block inside the popup section, and on the submit button click, the inline validation message will be displayed if the form get fails the validation check.

Check this: Demo Screen

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Thank you so much Benjith, your suggestion solved my problem. 

Robert van der Meulen wrote:

Thank you so much Benjith, your suggestion solved my problem. 

You are welcome Robert :)

Glad I could be of help!

Regards,

Benjith Sam