[Android Permissions Plugin] Request Permission

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 2019-02-13 by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
5 votes
Published on 2019-02-13 by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes

Hi,

I am trying to call request permission and was expecting that an android popup would trigger requesting for that permission but nothing happens.

I am trying to get the READ_PHONE_STATE permission: 

What am I doing wrong ? Do I have to setup anything else?

I did a different way and in mine works fine, I didn't put the hasPermition

Did you get a popup asking for the permission ? Because the call returns success, but the hasPermission output variable of the "RequestPermissions" action has value set to false.

Pedro Neto wrote:

Did you get a popup asking for the permission ? Because the call returns success, but the hasPermission output variable of the "RequestPermissions" action has value set to false.

Just on the first time or when I do a new instalation

Did you have to setup anything else besides calling the register action ?

What is your device ? 

Carlos Lessa wrote:

Pedro Neto wrote:

Just on the first time or when I do a new instalation

Did you try to debug to check if an error is happening? or where isn't passing in the flow?

When you check the requestPermission is checking if something is installed and if not set a error and left the flow before run the code that you need

the same inside the action

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

CheckAndroidPermissionsPlugin

try to debug, install an emulator as Andy: https://www.andyroid.net/ and debug the app or use your phone/tablet connected to the pc

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I sort-of have the same problem. I get the pop-up for requesting permissions on Android, as long as the permissions requested are READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE or WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. Anything other than that and I don't get the request permissions pop-up. No ErrorCode or ErrorMessage is returned. Any ideas?

Robert van der Meulen wrote:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I sort-of have the same problem. I get the pop-up for requesting permissions on Android, as long as the permissions requested are READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE or WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. Anything other than that and I don't get the request permissions pop-up. No ErrorCode or ErrorMessage is returned. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think off is that the behavior will be different on different devices.

I also try to give the camera permission but I didn't get any popup in in new build  android asking for camera permission.

I don't have camera permission still it not asking.

Thanks

Dileep