Hi All,

I have a timers in my espace and have different environments like (dev,test,prod). So do I need to set time schedules for timers when i move application from dev to test and then prod by Lifetime.

Thanks......   

Solution

Hi Roham, the timer is configured by env

Solution

Hi Rohan,

To be more precise with regard to setting the timer schedule, timers have a Default Schedule which you can set during design time in Service Studio. Next to that, they also have an Effective Schedule which you can set at runtime in Service Center.

Now, if you want to use the same timer schedule for all of your environments, you can. You only have to set the Default Schedule for your timer once at design time in Service Studio. After that, you can deploy your module with the timer to another environment and the timer will have an Effective Schedule which is the same as Default Schedule you have set during design time.

If you want to use a different schedule for your timer in another environment, you can set a specific Effective Schedule via Service Center for each of your environments (like Carlos showed you). 

Lastly, I want to share this interesting article from Kilian Hekhuis with you if you want to know a lot more about timers!

Hope this information helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

Hi Rohan,

To be more precise with regard to setting the timer schedule, timers have a Default Schedule which you can set during design time in Service Studio. Next to that, they also have an Effective Schedule which you can set at runtime in Service Center.

Now, if you want to use the same timer schedule for all of your environments, you can. You only have to set the Default Schedule for your timer once at design time in Service Studio. After that, you can deploy your module with the timer to another environment and the timer will have an Effective Schedule which is the same as Default Schedule you have set during design time.

If you want to use a different schedule for your timer in another environment, you can set a specific Effective Schedule via Service Center for each of your environments (like Carlos showed you). 

Lastly, I want to share this interesting article from Kilian Hekhuis with you if you want to know a lot more about timers!

Hope this information helps!

Regards,

Nordin

Thanks Nordin for your valuable and detailed comments.

You're welcome Rohan :).

If it's the answer you were looking for you can mark it as solution in order to help other community members with finding answers to their questions faster.

Regards,

Nordin