webblocks save button and form on a screen

Hello!

I'm doing a project that has a webblock as a header and has some buttons with features, such as navigate to another page and to save data to the server.

I have a screen with a small form and I want the save button to be at the top (inside of a webblock in the header I mentioned) and not at the end of the form. I'm applying a handler event, but it still doesn't work.

In the screen name there is an error "there are no widgets on" ScreenName "submitting inputs to the server.

Can you help me?

Tks

Hi, friend. 

Can you send the .oml?

The form variables probably must be set as input parameters not mandatory to your webblock. If you send the .oml I can see the best option.

Solution

Hi Sara,

probably because your form and the button are in 2 different contexts (webblocks) you have the issue.

to avoid complications and some code (which can lead to maintenance issues in the future) I would suggest you to put a placeholder in the top webblock and then place the button in the same screen/block as the form, so you can directly relate both.

is that possible in your context?

Solution

Hélder Anselmo wrote:

Hi Sara,

probably because your form and the button are in 2 different contexts (webblocks) you have the issue.

to avoid complications and some code (which can lead to maintenance issues in the future) I would suggest you to put a placeholder in the top webblock and then place the button in the same screen/block as the form, so you can directly relate both.

is that possible in your context?

Hi!

I didn't really remember that! For now it's the best solution!

Tks! :)