[Multiple File Upload] How to Do Multiple Upload on a Screen with Input Parameter

Forge Component
(56)
Published on 2019-06-26 by Remco Dekkinga
56 votes
Published on 2019-06-26 by Remco Dekkinga

Hi All,

I notice that in the sample module, this component is used in a screen without any parameter passed, so the FileProcessURL is shown this way:

Meanwhile, I'm facing trouble when I try to use this component on a screen that requires an input parameter before it's rendered, say the input paramater is "Company Id".

I have adjusted the FileProcessURL to be similar with the page URL, but it didn't work.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks and stay safe, guys!

Hi Lady,

Can you show the url that you created including the companyId?

kind regards,

Remco

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Lady,

Can you show the url that you created including the companyId?

kind regards,

Remco

Hi Remco,

I'm actually using 3 input parameter inside. Here is the FileProcessURL that I pass:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Substr(GetOwnerURLPath(),0,Index(GetOwnerURLPath(),GetPersonalAreaName())+Length(GetPersonalAreaName()))+"/MultipleFileUpload/CompanyDetail.aspx?CompanyId=2&isNewCompany=False&CountryId=8"

Thanks for your prompt answer :)

Hi Lady,

If I read your url correctly, you changed the MultiFileUpload module and added a CompanyDetail page with the three input parameters? 

When you debug, what do you see coming in on the CompanyDetail preparation?

Did you also copy the functionality from the Upload screen to the CompanyDetail screen?

If possible, could you share the module and explain what you are trying to build?

Kind regards,

Remco

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Lady,

If I read your url correctly, you changed the MultiFileUpload module and added a CompanyDetail page with the three input parameters? 

When you debug, what do you see coming in on the CompanyDetail preparation?

Did you also copy the functionality from the Upload screen to the CompanyDetail screen?

If possible, could you share the module and explain what you are trying to build?

Kind regards,

Remco

Hi Remco,

I'm sorry I cannot send you the module since it's company confidential.

I'm currently building a service management request tool which has "Request" table as its main entity. My requirement is to let the user attach multiple files into this Request Detail page, and this Request Detail page requires Request Id to load as its input parameter. Thank you.