[OutSystems.AI Chatbot] Chat Bot with Azure Integration // Issue/Error with QnA Maker

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 12 May (13 days ago) by Félix Barros
13 votes
Published on 12 May (13 days ago) by Félix Barros

Dear All,

I'm trying to setup a chat bot with Azure integration (QnAMaker). Webhook is created and the normal response works. But when I try to integrate the QnA Maker in the GetMessageResponse the challenge starts.

I added the names, IDs etc. and mapped the answer of the QnAMaker to the TextMessag. But facing issues with it.. (Internal Error).

In the end I also would like to detect the language from it and use different knowledge bases.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a good description going into detail of this setup..

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Philipp

Hello Philipp,

I have a QnA-bot working in traditional and reactive, but without using the webhook. I used the webhook for a LUIS-bot, which detects intents and enities. Then I used the GetMessageResponse to 'do' something with this info.

About using multiple knowledgebases, I haven't been able to do this and I am very curious about your solution to this problem. I found some documentation on docs.microsoft.com (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/bot-service/bot-builder-tutorial-dispatch?view=azure-bot-service-4.0&tabs=cs), in which a dispatch tool is used.

About the language part, since Microsoft clearly states to use only one language for your whole QnA-service for correct search results, I added Microsoft Translator in my QnA-bot to detect and if needed, translate the question and answer to the language of my QnA-service. Of course, it is also possible to do this in OutSystems using the API's of Microsoft translator.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply... Interesting!

For the QnA-bot - did you link the QnA to the bot in the Azure Portal? Or did you create a new bot from the QnA knowledge base? Cause in the Azure Portal I neither can find the info how to connect a QnA knowledge base to an existing bot..

Thanks and regards,

Philipp

Hello Philipp,

First I created a 'echo-bot', and then I added the QnA to it (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/bot-service/bot-builder-tutorial-add-qna?view=azure-bot-service-4.0&tabs=csharp). It did this to start from scratch and 'learn' more about Azures bots in c#.

But the QnA-maker portal allows you to create a bot with just one click (the 'create bot'-button after publishing a knowledgebase) with extra features like train-api (active learning). Maybe this is what you are looking for?

If you want to connect to another KB, it is possible in the Azure portal, but I haven't been able to programmaticly 'choose' a KB based on the question by the user.

Hi there,

Just want to give a quick update to the community that we are currently looking into this and we have engaged directly with Phillip to try to understand and help in the issue.

Anything we find that will help solve this, it will be shared here with you all, as usual.

OutSystems its allways looking for to improve our solutions, trough development of the components or by giving better documentation and examples on how to use them.

If you are using our QnA and Chatbot components, I would like to invite you to talk with us about your experience.

Your feedback will help us ensure we build what drives the most impact on your business and you also get the opportunity to influence and participate in the evolution of the OutSystems' platform up-close.

If you are interested, schedule some time to talk with us. Choose your timeslot here

Kind Regards,

Daniel Eugénio

Philipp Sauren wrote:

Dear All,

I'm trying to setup a chat bot with Azure integration (QnAMaker). Webhook is created and the normal response works. But when I try to integrate the QnA Maker in the GetMessageResponse the challenge starts.

I added the names, IDs etc. and mapped the answer of the QnAMaker to the TextMessag. But facing issues with it.. (Internal Error).

In the end I also would like to detect the language from it and use different knowledge bases.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a good description going into detail of this setup..

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Philipp

Here's some further information regarding the Outsystems.AI chatbot:

Videos:

Articles:

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Eugénio

Hi, were is a live talk demonstration of Azure bot + Luis + QnA with OutSystems.

Check from the 13min ahead and put the subtitles in English, this is in Portuguese!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXB3tkN8idQ

Regards,