Disaster Recovery - Controller and Lifetime Servers

Hello, 

What outsystems recommends if the customer has two Data Centers and needs to maintain high availability and disaster recovery with respect to Controllers servers in DV, QA, PR environments and Controllers servers in Lifetime environment.

I already read these articles but it was not clear what the approach regarding the Controller should be

Scaling and high availability for OutSystems Platform servers

Disaster_recovery_for_OutSystems_Platform_servers

OutSystems_Platform_Failover_Procedures

Should we have the Controller in only one data center and in the event of a disaster proceed manually to activate a new control in the second data center? Is there a script that does this?

I appreciate any answer to the question.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Big disclaimer: I have very little knowledge of infrastructure management.

Should we have the Controller in only one data center and in the event of a disaster proceed manually to activate a new control in the second data center? Is there a script that does this?

• (as far as I know) Yes, one controller in only one data center. In the event of a disaster a frontend in the second data center will be promoted to controller. This is a manual process.

Hi Cristiana,

Thaks for the answer. 

I have another question about this topic. 

Does the VM replication strategy work for the controller server? That is, if we have a VM Clone of the contoler turned off and turn it on in case of an accident in the main VM. It will works?

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Yes, it will work, please note the OS license will be invalid after the VM Clone turns on, the process will be manually and you should get from license portal a new one and upload in SC.

Cheers,

Pedro