Hello, 

I am using the Users Admin area and cannot edit a user. 

I have 2 user accounts with the same name and email but different usernames. One was created erroneously. I am able to edit one but not the other. I can not delete either due to Delete Rule constraints. 

This is causing an issue because our users log in with their email address and it is trying to force the user to log in as the inactive user and not the other one. 

I am logged in as admin. 

The "Edit this User" button is not available. Does anyone know what might cause this?

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Have you tries to edit this user programatically?

you can build your custom screen just by dragging and dropping the entity and then you can try to search and edit this record.

Regards,

Manish Jawla

Hi

You can delete from backend/database below table used for users.please perform delete as below sequence

1Delete entry from User_Role table

2.Delete entry from User table

Solution

Hi Christopher Kennedy,

I just checked the condition on Edit link and the Edit This User link will be only visible in if below two condition matches.

The logged in user should have the UserManagerRole and the user the user being editted should not be an external user.

CheckUserManagerRole() and not User_IsExternalUser.IsExternal.

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Thanks Pramod,

I dont have a clone copy of the Users app, could you tell me what User_IsExternalUser function looks at? I know it probably finds out if the user is external or not, but what attribute is it looking at for this?

Also appreciate the assistance from the others. I am in a situation at the moment where it will be a week or so before the next deployment to production and this only seems to be an issue in production. I have put in place a few things that will allow me to edit/delete the user programatically.

Not sure how this user was created, as there is no way through our applications to create new users outwith them being synced from our Active Directory, and the other user is created via that method. 

Thanks again.

Chris

HI Christopher Kennedy,

I caught up with other priority things and unable to spend much time on this right away. I am attaching the clone of user module here for your reference.

You can simply open it in service studio and go through the code , there is method  "User_IsExternalUser" which check weather the user is external or internal and set the value accordingly.

Regards,

-PJ-

Thanks Pramod,

Really appreciate the time youve taken to help figure this out. Believe it might have something to do with OutSystems new licensing model (we are still on the old one) but will investigate further using the .oml you have supplied. 

As a workaround for the short term I have created my own users area which will allow me to edit the username/email for this duplicate user so it would no longer be the account which is being used. 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Christopher Kennedy,

Really happy to know that i was able to help you , and yes you are correct it may be because of the licensing model as they have this external and internal user concept there .

Anyways good to here that you manged it , let me know if i can provide you any other help !

Regards,

-PJ-