How to granted permissions camera in browser for website outsystems?

Hello, I want to use a webcam camera from my laptop, for video calls on the Website but only Loading on the Network, I use Webrtc from [Insert Link Git here Use rich Text]

I use javascript, run it with Javascript Runnable, but it doesn't work, just Loading it in the browser

how do you give permissions camera access on the webrowser?

thank you advance

Hi Nopalina,

All browsers will throw up an info bar upon calling GetUserMedia()  which gives users the option to grant or deny access to their camera or microphone, like the screenshot below:

Permission dialog in Chrome

Not knowing the details on how you implemented this in your OutSystems application it is difficult to help. 

Maybe you can share an .oml or .oap file?

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Nopalina,

All browsers will throw up an info bar upon calling GetUserMedia()  which gives users the option to grant or deny access to their camera or microphone, like the screenshot below:

Permission dialog in Chrome

Not knowing the details on how you implemented this in your OutSystems application it is difficult to help. 

Maybe you can share an .oml or .oap file?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I get javascript from this link https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/content/getusermedia/record/, then I put the javascript in the action runjavascript Outsystems. Like the picture I attached. I give each button a name according to the variable name in the javascript.

thank you advance

Hi Clarissa,

I can not do a 1CP on the module as it has a lot of missing dependencies, one of them is CallNow which is not a Forge component to my knowledge.

Maybe you can share the complete .oap or at least the CallNow module?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Clarissa,

In traditional web, the names you assign to elements are not directly mapped to HTML id attributes, you will need to assign Style Classes to your elements and change the selectors in the JavaScript to use those classes.

Hope this helps!